Get navi to work

Questions, answers and general discussion around Insane NavEngine!
gafatboy

Get navi to work

Post by gafatboy » Thu Aug 04, 2016 4:26 pm

I bought a 2008 jeep with a JK1001 already installed and navigation isn't working. I'm getting gps signal cause it will show coordinates plus gps monitor shows signals. It states no roads found. I used a card reader on my computer and it appears maps are on the card to include 3D, and POI for US and Canada. Why can't I get it to work ?

Mike

Re: Get navi to work

Post by Mike » Sat Aug 06, 2016 6:52 am

gafatboy wrote:I bought a 2008 jeep with a JK1001 already installed and navigation isn't working. I'm getting gps signal cause it will show coordinates plus gps monitor shows signals. It states no roads found. I used a card reader on my computer and it appears maps are on the card to include 3D, and POI for US and Canada. Why can't I get it to work ?
Howdy GaFatBoy. Welcome.

Let me say right up front, the support dudes here are AWESOME. If you read through the forum, you will see some really weird problems that come up. And in the end, I only know if one owner who is not satisfied. They do sometimes take a bit of time to get back with you. You might E-mail the support dudes direct.

What I would do in your shoes is this. First, I would reset the JK1001 to factory settings. This may uninstall some of the apps. But you will want to install your own apps anyway.

Next, I would check on and install the latest software update - if it has not already been done. When I did it, it was painless. Everything worked fine.

Next, I would download and install the Navi-Extras Tool Box into your computer, and then pull the navigation micro-SD card, and let Navi-Extras have a look at it. There may be some updates for your chip. You will need the ability to read/write to a micro-SD card.

You can find the information on most of this by digging through the various parts of the forums. Updating the chip in my case took some time, I let it run overnight. Don't forget to do a backup in Navi-Extras, so if something goes wrong you can start over.

Good luck. Once you get it working, I think you will really like it.

Mike -- El Paso.
Mike -- El Paso, Texas.

2015 JKU-R Hard Rock -- The Copperhead.

InsaneAudioSupport

Post by InsaneAudioSupport » Sun Aug 07, 2016 6:22 pm

gafatboy wrote:I bought a 2008 jeep with a JK1001 already installed and navigation isn't working. I'm getting gps signal cause it will show coordinates plus gps monitor shows signals. It states no roads found. I used a card reader on my computer and it appears maps are on the card to include 3D, and POI for US and Canada. Why can't I get it to work ?
Hey, Gafatboy. You're definitely going to want to hit up our support guys directly -- support@insanejeepaudio.com

Our software is copy protected so your license file is tied to the unique SDID of the microSD card it was initially installed on. We're going to need to take some additional steps to ensure someone didn't swap cards around on 'ya.

gafatboy

Post by gafatboy » Thu Aug 11, 2016 5:37 pm

I ended up just buying new maps and it works but if I'm playing the radio I get no voice commands. If radio is off I get voice commands. I don't have 3D vehicles only the arrow. If I go into settings it doesn't give me any options other than arrow. I purchased the 3D and the setting are for 3D but I think maps are only working in 2d mode. I'm not a techie or real familiar with android. The unit has latest software version installed for it.

InsaneAudioSupport3

Post by InsaneAudioSupport3 » Mon Aug 15, 2016 10:02 pm

gafatboy wrote:I ended up just buying new maps and it works but if I'm playing the radio I get no voice commands. If radio is off I get voice commands. I don't have 3D vehicles only the arrow. If I go into settings it doesn't give me any options other than arrow. I purchased the 3D and the setting are for 3D but I think maps are only working in 2d mode. I'm not a techie or real familiar with android. The unit has latest software version installed for it.
Hey there!

Sounds like your rig may have an Alpine or other premium sound system in it. The premium system amplifiers sometimes handle the channels a little differently from the OEM Jeep pre-amps. To solve this problem, you simply need to make a little switch with your main wiring harness. On said harness, you will notice 2 quick-disconnect clips on the speaker wires. (These wires are grey, white, green, and purple.) You simply need to disconnect the clips from their partners, swap them, and reconnect them. This should give you your voice prompts with other music going on.

The other issues you're experiencing have a couple of possible solutions. Definitely reach out to support@insanejeepaudio.com, if you haven't already, and someone will help you out with that.

Thanks!