Serious flaw in the Navi-engine display.

Questions, answers and general discussion around Insane NavEngine!
Mike

Serious flaw in the Navi-engine display.

Post by Mike » Sun Aug 23, 2015 6:50 am

Howdy guys.

A few days ago I took my wife out for a jeep ride, then dinner. On the way home, headed due-west coming off the mesa into the upper valley, I noticed there was a beautiful crescent moon setting over the west mesa. While going down the hill, I happened to glance at the Navi-engine display. And I noticed that the MOON was not correctly represented on the display, only the stars.

After getting my wife home, I made a short drive to the local park. There I drove my JEEP in circles, watching the Navi-display. I discovered that not only is the moon not correctly represented, but the star constellations are also not correctly represented. While stars are shown on the Navi-engine screen, they appear to just be random stars. After pondering this some more, I decided to wait until daylight and check the JK1001 against the sun.

Yesterday while coming home I had that opportunity. At sunrise and sunset, the sun is not properly displayed on the Navi-engine display. However, while checking all this, I must say the display had my clouds almost perfect.

(I probably should have submitted this on 1 April, but I forgot).

Mike - El Paso.
Mike -- El Paso, Texas.

2015 JKU-R Hard Rock -- The Copperhead.

InsaneAudioSupport

Re: Serious flaw in the Navi-engine display.

Post by InsaneAudioSupport » Mon Aug 24, 2015 12:28 pm

Mike wrote:Howdy guys.

A few days ago I took my wife out for a jeep ride, then dinner. On the way home, headed due-west coming off the mesa into the upper valley, I noticed there was a beautiful crescent moon setting over the west mesa. While going down the hill, I happened to glance at the Navi-engine display. And I noticed that the MOON was not correctly represented on the display, only the stars.

After getting my wife home, I made a short drive to the local park. There I drove my JEEP in circles, watching the Navi-display. I discovered that not only is the moon not correctly represented, but the star constellations are also not correctly represented. While stars are shown on the Navi-engine screen, they appear to just be random stars. After pondering this some more, I decided to wait until daylight and check the JK1001 against the sun.

Yesterday while coming home I had that opportunity. At sunrise and sunset, the sun is not properly displayed on the Navi-engine display. However, while checking all this, I must say the display had my clouds almost perfect.

(I probably should have submitted this on 1 April, but I forgot).

Mike - El Paso.
Thanks for the feedback, Mike! It's nice to see we aren't the only ones using the forum... while drinking heavily!! :)

Mike

Re: Serious flaw in the Navi-engine display.

Post by Mike » Mon Aug 24, 2015 10:22 pm

InsaneAudioSupport wrote: Thanks for the feedback, Mike! It's nice to see we aren't the only ones using the forum... while drinking heavily!! :)
It was a Greek restaurant. You ever try Ouzo? Those 14th century Greek Monks really had it going on. Enough of that stuff and you will certainly see stars. Even in daylight! <grin>.

Glad I could stir the pot a little on a Monday morning for you-all.

Mike - El Paso.

BTW - the clouds really were almost perfectly matched with the display - that time anyway.
Mike -- El Paso, Texas.

2015 JKU-R Hard Rock -- The Copperhead.