Nav will not lock when Dash Camera is on

Questions, answers and general discussion around Insane NavEngine!
kenb1023

Nav will not lock when Dash Camera is on

Post by kenb1023 » Mon Dec 25, 2017 7:41 am

If my dash camera is on the NAV Engine will not lock in. If I unplug the Dash Camera it will eventually lock in but if I plug it back in the NAV soon goes bonkers trying to find my location again. The Dash Camera is a 702 from eBay and is mounted at the top of the window just to the passenger side of the rear view mirror. Any suggestions? FYI, my TomTom 720 works fine when mounted just above the divide of the dash cluster and the radio location but if it gets to close the Dash Camera it will do the same thing on start up but will stay locked if I unplug the Dash Camera, start the TomTom and then plug the dash camera back in.

InsaneAudioSupport

Re: Nav will not lock when Dash Camera is on

Post by InsaneAudioSupport » Tue Dec 26, 2017 9:40 am

kenb1023 wrote:If my dash camera is on the NAV Engine will not lock in. If I unplug the Dash Camera it will eventually lock in but if I plug it back in the NAV soon goes bonkers trying to find my location again. The Dash Camera is a 702 from eBay and is mounted at the top of the window just to the passenger side of the rear view mirror. Any suggestions? FYI, my TomTom 720 works fine when mounted just above the divide of the dash cluster and the radio location but if it gets to close the Dash Camera it will do the same thing on start up but will stay locked if I unplug the Dash Camera, start the TomTom and then plug the dash camera back in.
Hey there! By default, we recommend putting the GPS antenna right on top of our unit during installation... but if you've got other electronics just above it then it could interface with your GPS reception. We provide plenty of slack on that GPS antenna for cases just like this. Try moving your GPS antenna to a different location. Perhaps in the roll bar padding. Again -- you should have plenty of slack and this will do the trick. Let us know how it goes!