NAV ENGINE not working

Questions, answers and general discussion around Insane NavEngine!
jimaaah

NAV ENGINE not working

Post by jimaaah » Mon Mar 13, 2017 9:04 am

A few days ago when I started my jeep, my insane audio jk1001 seemed to reset itself, I lost all my programmed radio stations at the time (since then I have reset them), but a couple days later when I tried the NAVI button, nothing would happen. like it might have gotten uninstalled or something? any ideas on how to fix this problem so I can my NAVI working again?

InSaNeAuDiOSupport5

Re: NAV ENGINE not working

Post by InSaNeAuDiOSupport5 » Wed Mar 15, 2017 9:54 am

Hey Jimaah,

Looks like you somehow lost your Insane NavEngine. No problem we will get you all fixed up. We just need to have you reinstall Insane NavEngine.

To re-install Insane NavEngine:
1). When your JK1001 is fully booted up, click on the “six pack”, swipe to the right, then click on the settings icon. Scroll down and select “Security”. Check the box next to Unknown Sources to allow installation of apps from unknown sources. Click OK on the pop-up window.
2). Make sure your GPS card is in the GPS card slot. From the home menu, click on the file manager, select the GPS card (on the left), then go into the Insane NavEngine folder. In here, click on the iGO.apk. Scroll to the bottom and click on install.

That should get you all fixed up. Remember with Insane Audio you get lifetime tech support and lifetime updates. We are always here to help. If that doesn't do the trick for 'ya hit up our support guys at support@insanejeepaudio.com.

Cheers,

iNsAnE AuDiO support staff

JAHII

Post by JAHII » Sun Aug 19, 2018 1:42 pm

I just received my new GPS card from Insane Audio. After I put the GPS card in, I expected my Navi to start working again. It didn’t, so I followed the instructions you outlined in this thread. But where it says to go into the Insane Nav folder, I got lost. No such folder appears on that screen so I thought maybe it meant to go into the Insane NavE desktop icon to get to that file but when I pressed that icon it gives me the message “Insane NavEngine” then “Please insert your NavEngine SD card” and an OK button. I remounted my new GPS card and pressed OK. To no avail, though. After I pressed OK, my Navi still won’t work. Is there a different procedure for mounting a new GPS card? Help, please. I miss my Navi. I had to use Google Maps on my phone yesterday and it sucks compared to just pressing my Navi button.

InSaNeAuDiOSupport5

Post by InSaNeAuDiOSupport5 » Mon Aug 20, 2018 7:47 am

JAHII,

Remember, with Insane Audio you get free tech support for life! If you haven't already, please reach out to support@insaneaudio.com or get in touch via http://www.insaneaudio.com/support. Our friendly support staff will walk you through the process of reinstalling Insane NavEngine and help you troubleshoot any issues you may have. Have a great day!

JAHII

Post by JAHII » Mon Aug 20, 2018 10:03 am

Sorry, I guess I should have posted this on the JK1001 Tech Support. So I went ahead and filled out the form and submitted it but I hope they’ll read this post so they understand how I got so far and my 1001 was different than what they described in this thread.