Navi Routing WRONG !!

Questions, answers and general discussion around Insane NavEngine!
Lawman

Navi Routing WRONG !!

Post by Lawman » Thu Dec 22, 2016 7:40 am

Just installed my FJ1001. Love the unit, but the navi is an epic fail! I have only utilized it twice, but both times it wanted to route me to streets that would take me way out of the way!! I still have my Garmin in my vehicle and it will be staying. I wish they would have gone with a Garmin nav engine!!
Anyone else find the nav unreliable??

jkrichard

Re: Navi Routing WRONG !!

Post by jkrichard » Fri Dec 23, 2016 11:08 pm

Any chance you had a look at the routing options? Mine was a little strange when routing and I changed the settings and it was way better.

InsaneAudioSupport

Re: Navi Routing WRONG !!

Post by InsaneAudioSupport » Mon Dec 26, 2016 5:19 am

Insane NavEngine will plot your route based on your settings. Firstly, you'll want to take a look at your route planning method. There are a few available:

Fast: Gives a quick route if you can travel at or near the speed limit on all roads. Usually the best selection for fast and normal cars.

Quick: Gives a route that has the smallest total distance of all possible routes. It can be practical for slow vehicles. (note that this route selection is a little confusing as is literally the shortest possible distance between where you are and where you are going and will not take freeways if they're out of the way even by a mile)

Green: Gives a quick but fuel efficient route based on the fuel consumption data given in Route settings. Travel cost and CO2 emission calculations are estimations only. They cannot take elevations, curves and traffic conditions into account.

Economical: For vehicle types where Green routing is not available, this method combines the benefits of Fast and Short: Insane NavEngine calculates as if it were calculating the Fast route, but it takes other roads as well to save fuel.

Easy: Results in a route with fewer turns and no difficult maneuvers. With this option, you can make Insane NavEngine to take, for example, the freeway instead of a series of smaller roads or streets.

Then you'll want to look at Road types used or avoided in route calculation. If you don't have highways checked then Insane NavEngine will avoid highways. Note that unpaved roads here is the secret sauce to unlock trail maps. If you've got Insane NavEngine configured to use unpaved roads then it will use trails to get you to your destination.

We hope that helps!

InSaNe AuDio Support Staff