Nav Removal

Questions, answers and general discussion around Insane NavEngine!
tambo_man

Nav Removal

Post by tambo_man » Wed Mar 04, 2015 9:52 pm

Hi There,

I have a JK1001 on order, due to arrive next week.
Being in Australia the pre-loaded maps are of no use to me unless I spend over $100 to get the Australian Navtec maps.

Can I uninstall the Navengine, because I will use an Android app like MetroView for navigation with offline maps and use the NavEgine card slot for storage?

InsaneAudioSupport

Re: Nav Removal

Post by InsaneAudioSupport » Fri Mar 06, 2015 4:07 pm

tambo_man wrote:Hi There,

I have a JK1001 on order, due to arrive next week.
Being in Australia the pre-loaded maps are of no use to me unless I spend over $100 to get the Australian Navtec maps.

Can I uninstall the Navengine, because I will use an Android app like MetroView for navigation with offline maps and use the NavEgine card slot for storage?
You can download maps (including those for Australia) online at www.naviextras.com.

...but to answer your question, sure -- you can install or uninstall anything you'd like. Insane Audio's JK1001 is a completely unlocked system. If you want you can uninstall Insane NavEngine alltogether or you can just configure it to launch Google Maps or another navigation application when you press the NAVI button. You'll find all that under the GPS section of the Settings menu.

Keep in mind the fact that the JK1001 also comes with a microSD card slot so you probably don't need yet another slot for storage.. but how you use the system is entirely up to you.

tambo_man

Post by tambo_man » Sat Mar 07, 2015 4:28 pm

Thanks for the reply,
Australia maps from Naviextras are $120 and $15 for the 3d landmarks.
There are many offline navigation options in the Play Store which are significantly cheaper.

Thats great I can re-use the naviextra microsd slot as I wont need it for Naviextras maps

Thanks again

jooboo

Post by jooboo » Mon Aug 17, 2015 1:43 am

Pretty keen on the JK1001 but not too keen on purchasing the maps for Australia. Is there going to be any kind of release for us downunder?

InsaneAudioSupport

Post by InsaneAudioSupport » Mon Aug 17, 2015 7:11 am

jooboo wrote:Pretty keen on the JK1001 but not too keen on purchasing the maps for Australia. Is there going to be any kind of release for us downunder?
Hi, there. Currently we do not have any plans on including Australian maps for Insane NavEngine so unfortunately that's something you'll need to purchase separately. Keep in mind, however, that Insane Audio's JK1001 runs Android so things like Google Maps and other navigation apps are free and will work great.