Naviextra updates

Questions, answers and general discussion around Insane NavEngine!
ghostrider

Naviextra updates

Post by ghostrider » Tue Sep 23, 2014 7:50 pm

I went to naviextras.com to look into updates, but the site wants me to load their update app on my PC and then connect it to my device via USB. Not quite sure how to pull that off with the JK1001. Thoughts???

Preston5280

Re: Naviextra updates

Post by Preston5280 » Tue Sep 23, 2014 7:58 pm

Do you have a laptop you can take out to the Jeep?

Mine came with a USB to mini USB cable. The mini USB port is on the face of the jk1001, under the cover that says GPS card.

EDIT - Well, I tried the USB cable in the Jeep and that didn't work. You need to take the GPS card out of the radio and plug it into your computer.

InsaneAudioSupport

Post by InsaneAudioSupport » Wed Sep 24, 2014 7:28 am

Yes -- you need to remove the GPS card from your JK1001 and connect it to a laptop to access naviextras.com.

We're working on an android based solution for the future (so you can connect directly through your JK1001) but at the moment this is all we've got for updates.

JAHII

Post by JAHII » Fri Dec 30, 2016 2:59 pm

I'very never used my cell phone as a mobile hotspot/tethering. Now that I have the JK1001, I will probably be using it to download updates, etc. My question is does this use your data from your phone company?

Thanks,

Jim Howe ton :D

InsaneAudioSupport

Post by InsaneAudioSupport » Wed Jan 11, 2017 7:23 am

JAHII wrote:I'very never used my cell phone as a mobile hotspot/tethering. Now that I have the JK1001, I will probably be using it to download updates, etc. My question is does this use your data from your phone company?

Thanks,

Jim Howe ton :D
Yes -- it re-uses your phones existing cellular connection and therefore would re-use your phone's data. Things like Pandora or Spotify for music don't use all that much but if you start streaming video (i.e. watching NFL games through the DirecTV app) then that will use significantly more.

If you're just downloading software updates or doing things like downloading large amounts of data for...say.. offline sat imagery through the Backcountry Navigator app, then you can connect to your home's WiFi assuming you are parked close enough.

We hope that helps!

Cheers,

InSaNe AuDio Support Staff