insane navengine reinstall

Questions, answers and general discussion around Insane NavEngine!
Yetimasterninja

insane navengine reinstall

Post by Yetimasterninja » Sat Dec 06, 2014 3:05 pm

I purchased the JK1001 last month and got to use the insane navengine a total of one time before the SDcard shit the bed. I got a new card but cannot find anywhere to download the insane navengine to put on it. has anyone had to do a reinstall before and know where to get it?

InsaneAudioSupport

Re: insane navengine reinstall

Post by InsaneAudioSupport » Sun Dec 07, 2014 9:17 am

Yetimasterninja wrote:I purchased the JK1001 last month and got to use the insane navengine a total of one time before the SDcard shit the bed. I got a new card but cannot find anywhere to download the insane navengine to put on it. has anyone had to do a reinstall before and know where to get it?
Insane NavEngine can't be downloaded -- it's copy protected. It can only be installed from our factory and needs to be installed only on an authorized card (i.e. the one that was included with your unit) Fret not, though -- hit us up at support@insanejeepaudio.com and we'll get you a new one.

Might we ask, how exactly it "shit the bed"? ;)

Yetimasterninja

Post by Yetimasterninja » Thu Feb 19, 2015 1:10 pm

"shit the bed" is lingo for wont start up. the micro SD card you sent back worked fine! you guys are great.

I did end up with one of the few models that did not have the music and gps on at the same time however. I will fix that today

my other question is how do I get the GPS to not tell me when i'm speeding! frigggin annoying when I'm driving 5 miles over the speed limit on the highway (which is legal) and the gps chimes in "you are over the speed limit"

InsaneAudioSupport

Post by InsaneAudioSupport » Fri Feb 20, 2015 4:51 pm

Yetimasterninja wrote:"shit the bed" is lingo for wont start up. the micro SD card you sent back worked fine! you guys are great.

I did end up with one of the few models that did not have the music and gps on at the same time however. I will fix that today

my other question is how do I get the GPS to not tell me when i'm speeding! frigggin annoying when I'm driving 5 miles over the speed limit on the highway (which is legal) and the gps chimes in "you are over the speed limit"
What's wrong? You don't like our "nagging girlfriend feature"? ;)

When we ship our product, we always set all the safety features conservatively but of course you can customize all this. Inside Insane NavEngine, under settings then sounds and warnings you can configure this. You can change it to be audible, visual, both, or neither. You can also set the threshold of when and how it warns you.

jrmasztalics

Post by jrmasztalics » Tue Apr 14, 2015 7:05 pm

I don't know what happened, but the GPS has been working fine for the last month I've owned my JK1001, that is until the other day. I noticed my unit rebooted itself and the android popped up, like it was doing a software update or something. I thought nothing of it until I went to use my GPS and nothing happens. I can press the NAV button all I want, nothing will take me to my GPS/navigation screen. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

InsaneAudioSupport2

Post by InsaneAudioSupport2 » Wed Apr 15, 2015 11:41 am

jrmasztalics wrote:I don't know what happened, but the GPS has been working fine for the last month I've owned my JK1001, that is until the other day. I noticed my unit rebooted itself and the android popped up, like it was doing a software update or something. I thought nothing of it until I went to use my GPS and nothing happens. I can press the NAV button all I want, nothing will take me to my GPS/navigation screen. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Hi, there. It looks like you’ve somehow initiated a factory reset. A factory reset (available from the settings menu) will restore your system to a clean state, however, you’ll then need to re-install a couple of apps.

First, boot up your JK1001, click on the “six pack”, swipe to the right, then click on the settings icon. Scroll down and select “Security”. Check the box next to Unknown Sources to allow installation of apps from unknown sources. Click OK on the pop-up window.

Then, to re-install Insane NavEngine, from the home menu, click on the file manager, select the GPS card (on the left), then go into the Insane_NavEngine folder. In here, click on the iGO.apk. Scroll to the bottom and click on install.

To re-install Torque, from the home menu, click on the “six pack”, find the OEM icon, go to the apk folder and click on torque.apk to re-install the Torque application. To setup and configure Torque, please refer here -- http://www.insanejeepaudio.com/forum/vi ... ?f=9&t=146

Cheers,

InSaNE AuDio Support STaff

renegade

Post by renegade » Thu Aug 13, 2015 7:56 pm

This same thing just happened to me. I unmounted a usb drive and the unit automatically restored to factory. I followed the steps to get the nav re-installed and it works except no maps. All I have is the terrain map underneath. Also tried doing a restore with navi toolbox but it does not see my backups. it seems to see it as a different device or something. Any ideas on what to do?

InsaneAudioSupport

Post by InsaneAudioSupport » Fri Aug 14, 2015 7:33 am

renegade wrote:This same thing just happened to me. I unmounted a usb drive and the unit automatically restored to factory. I followed the steps to get the nav re-installed and it works except no maps. All I have is the terrain map underneath. Also tried doing a restore with navi toolbox but it does not see my backups. it seems to see it as a different device or something. Any ideas on what to do?
Hit up our support guys with your contact details and they'll give you a ring. They can step you through restoring your maps manually. You'll also want to make sure you're on the latest & greatest version of our software. See here -- http://www.insanejeepaudio.com/forum/vi ... f=13&t=452

renegade

Post by renegade » Fri Aug 14, 2015 9:43 am

Actually got this resolved this morning with the help of the naviextras guys. Here's what happened. When the unit reset and I had to reinstall the navi engine, it generated a new ID that did not recognize the map license on the card. So navitools didn't see it as the same unit that I made the backups for. The solution was to login to navitools, under the advanced setting remove all maps, pois, 3dl files, etc. Then navitools shows what packages you have and re-installs them clean generating new licenses. I highly recommend everyone to create an account with them to tie your maps to. Now a question, I know that the nav is tied to the sd card, but is there a way to make a backup card that will work should someone decide to be a douche and decide to steal it? I have no way of locking my jeep up but having a backup card locked away in the glove would be a good idea if possible. Also on a separate note, is there any way to remove the automatic fade in on the music player? It's kind of annoying that every track fades in instead of playing the way it is intended.

Thanks

InsaneAudioSupport

Post by InsaneAudioSupport » Sun Aug 16, 2015 5:18 pm

renegade wrote:Actually got this resolved this morning with the help of the naviextras guys. Here's what happened. When the unit reset and I had to reinstall the navi engine, it generated a new ID that did not recognize the map license on the card. So navitools didn't see it as the same unit that I made the backups for. The solution was to login to navitools, under the advanced setting remove all maps, pois, 3dl files, etc. Then navitools shows what packages you have and re-installs them clean generating new licenses. I highly recommend everyone to create an account with them to tie your maps to. Now a question, I know that the nav is tied to the sd card, but is there a way to make a backup card that will work should someone decide to be a douche and decide to steal it? I have no way of locking my jeep up but having a backup card locked away in the glove would be a good idea if possible. Also on a separate note, is there any way to remove the automatic fade in on the music player? It's kind of annoying that every track fades in instead of playing the way it is intended.

Thanks
re: Fading on the music player... remember that Insane Audio's JK1001 runs Android! While it comes with a pretty good bare bones music player, you can always download your own. There are hundreds available so look for the one that fits your needs. We recommend you check out PowerAmp from the Google Play Store as one of the best options out there.