Garmin compatible?

Questions, answers and general discussion around Insane NavEngine!
red/green hawk

Garmin compatible?

Post by red/green hawk » Wed Aug 18, 2021 1:57 pm

I love my Garmin Huntview Topo map. The Nav engine map while great for street driving has nowhere near the number of off road trails the Garmin map has. Is there any way to make it compatible with the Navengine? Can I format the mini SD the garmin map comes on like I did for inserting the mini SD for music?

InSaNeAuDiOSupport5

Re: Garmin compatible?

Post by InSaNeAuDiOSupport5 » Thu Aug 26, 2021 8:16 am

red/green hawk wrote:
Wed Aug 18, 2021 1:57 pm
I love my Garmin Huntview Topo map. The Nav engine map while great for street driving has nowhere near the number of off road trails the Garmin map has. Is there any way to make it compatible with the Navengine? Can I format the mini SD the garmin map comes on like I did for inserting the mini SD for music?
Hey there,

Thank you for contacting us through our forum. However, it's important to note that all Insane Audio customers get lifetime technical support and we stand behind everything we build 100%. The forum is a great place for collaboration with other users, but for issues such as this, it may be more effective to reach out to us directly via www.insaneaudio.com/support. Our staff works 7 days a week and is always happy to help!

To answer your question, Yes, you can use Garmin maps but you will have to use a different navigation app to run the Garmin Maps. You should be able to find what free navigation apps will run the Garmin Maps for you over an internet search or you can also call Garmin to verify.

We hope that helps! Feel free to hit us up at insaneaudio.com/support if you have any other questions.

red/green hawk

Re: Garmin compatible?

Post by red/green hawk » Fri Sep 03, 2021 1:10 pm

InSaNeAuDiOSupport5 wrote:
Thu Aug 26, 2021 8:16 am
red/green hawk wrote:
Wed Aug 18, 2021 1:57 pm
Hey there,

Thank you for contacting us through our forum. However, it's important to note that all Insane Audio customers get lifetime technical support and we stand behind everything we build 100%. The forum is a great place for collaboration with other users, but for issues such as this, it may be more effective to reach out to us directly via www.insaneaudio.com/support. Our staff works 7 days a week and is always happy to help!

To answer your question, Yes, you can use Garmin maps but you will have to use a different navigation app to run the Garmin Maps. You should be able to find what free navigation apps will run the Garmin Maps for you over an internet search or you can also call Garmin to verify.

We hope that helps! Feel free to hit us up at insaneaudio.com/support if you have any other questions.
Which card slot would I put the Garmin mini SD card in for the app to run off of it?