Are We There Yet? Keeping the Kids Entertained with IA

Doing something interesting with your Insane Audio head unit? This is the place to share!
InSaNeAuDiOSupport5

Are We There Yet? Keeping the Kids Entertained with IA

Post by InSaNeAuDiOSupport5 » Tue Oct 02, 2018 4:11 pm

We’ve all been there before, “He won’t stop touching me!” or, “She keeps on staring at me!” Next time the kids are getting a bit out of hand in the back seat, remember, you have Insane Audio and we’re always here to help you. With your Insane Audio device, the opportunities are endless, and keeping the kids entertained on the road is as simple as saying, “Hey Google, let’s play a game.” What game do you ask? Mad Libs, all kinds of trivia games or even Mickey Mouse Adventures. There’s some great educational features too, for example you can interview a famous or influential person. With Insane Audio and Google Assistant your road trips just got a lot more fun!

To ensure an awesome road trip, you’ll want to download and install Google Assistant. For Google Assistant to work properly on your Insane Audio device, you must update to the latest Insane Audio software. You can always find the latest IA software on our forum, under the Software Updates and Product Announcement section. Here’s a link to the forum page: https://insaneaudio.com/forum/viewforum ... 118c93bd15
This page has the update download link and directions to perform the update. This update will need to be performed before the kids get in the car!

Note: Google Assistant will only work on Insane Audio devices running Android Version 6.0. If your IA device is running Android Version 4.0, please reach out to us at support@insaneaudio.com and ask about our upgrade program. It’s a great deal!

After you’ve downloaded the latest version of Insane Audio software and installed it, you’re all set to install Google Assistant. Open the Google Play Store and search for Google Assistant. Once you’ve located the app just click install, and then open.

Now that you’ve installed Google Assistant and opened the app, Google Assistant needs to learn your voice. Follow the onscreen prompts until Google Assistant ask you to say “Okay Google” twice and “Hey Google” twice, you may need to scroll down a bit to see these prompts. Next, Google Assistant is going to ask you about a couple settings, personally I turn these off, but it’s your preference. Now you’re all ready to use Google Assistant, and hit the road with the kids.

When the kids start up in the back seat, you can quickly grab their attention by saying, “Okay Google, tell me a joke.” Google Assistant will give you a corny, yet family friendly joke.

One joke probably isn’t enough to keep those kiddos entertained though, but a game of Mad Libs should do the trick. This is a sure-fire way to get the whole family involved in a really fun road trip game!

Starting a game of Mad Libs is really simple, just say, “Hey Google, let’s play Mad Libs” From there, it’s game on. Google Assistant will start the game right away. Before you know it, you’ll be thinking of nouns, verbs and adjectives to complete a story. Once you’ve filled in all the blanks, Google Assistant will read the story back to you. They’re always pretty funny!

Google Assistant has all sorts of trivia games for the whole family too. You name a topic and Google Assistant has a category for it. Just say, “Okay Google, let’s play movie trivia” or “Hey Google, play sports trivia” and Google Assistant will create a trivia game for you. Want a trivia game for the whole family, but can’t decide on a category? Just say, “Hey Google, I’m feeling lucky.” Google Assistant will create a trivia game that even has a nickname for each player.

Want to bring a familiar face into the car? Google Assistant also offers Mickey Mouse Adventures. Just say, “Hey Google, let’s play Mickey Mouse Adventure” and you’re off on an adventure with everyone’s favorite character, Mickey Mouse. He’s sure to grab the kid’s attention as he’s done for years and years.

The family fun doesn’t stop there. You can also learn a thing or two with an interview from a famous or influential person. Just say, “Okay Google, interview an everyday hero” Google Assistant will give you a few different options of people to interview. I interviewed an astronaut for example. It was super interesting, and I learned a lot.

Google Assistant is full of games and educational features, we haven’t even scratched the surface! With Insane Audio there always a way to ease the stress of a road trip and bring the whole family together, hopefully the kids will even learn few things. Let us know you and your family’s favorite road trip games and how you use Google Assistant on the road. It’s a great way to bring the whole family together and have some road trip fun!