GoPro App on JL3001?

Doing something interesting with your Insane Audio head unit? This is the place to share!
SherpaJeep

GoPro App on JL3001?

Post by SherpaJeep » Mon Nov 16, 2020 7:09 am

I saw a thread on the GoPro App and JK1001 but has anyone tried this with the JL3001 yet?

As a longtime Apple guy, the JL3001 is my first Android device so I knew NOTHING about the Android platform or OS.

I have a Hero 5 Black and a JL3001 so after reading the other thread, I am very interested in setting it up with mine.

Part of the thread talks about having to use an older version of the APP and as an Android novice, how do you get and install older versions of apps? This is the second thread I've seen to reference getting an older version app or APK...

Greg
SherpaJeep

InSaNeAuDiOSupport5

Re: GoPro App on JL3001?

Post by InSaNeAuDiOSupport5 » Thu Nov 19, 2020 9:55 am

SherpaJeep wrote:
Mon Nov 16, 2020 7:09 am
I saw a thread on the GoPro App and JK1001 but has anyone tried this with the JL3001 yet?

As a longtime Apple guy, the JL3001 is my first Android device so I knew NOTHING about the Android platform or OS.

I have a Hero 5 Black and a JL3001 so after reading the other thread, I am very interested in setting it up with mine.

Part of the thread talks about having to use an older version of the APP and as an Android novice, how do you get and install older versions of apps? This is the second thread I've seen to reference getting an older version app or APK...

Greg
SherpaJeep
Hi Greg,

As you’ve correctly noted from this thread (viewtopic.php?t=160) there’s been some bugs in some versions of the GoPro app that haven’t played nice with the Insane Audio Head Unit. We suggest you use the latest version from the android app store (Google Play app) and if that’ doesn’t work, hit us up. With an Insane Audio head unit you’ve got lifetime technical support and as tech junkies ourselves, we want to make it work.

You should definitely check out the Creative Uses section of the forum (https://www.insanejeepaudio.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=7) and we’d love to see pics of anything you manage to discover!

Keep the Quick Start Guide handy too. Here's the link: https://insaneaudio.com/manuals/JL3001_QSG_Current.pdf It will give you lots of ideas and a good foundation for trying new things.

And it’s important to say again, with Insane Audio, you’ve got lifetime technical support and a team of people that are here to help.