JK1001 and Go-Pro camera?

General tech discussion board for Insane Audio's JK1001, FJ1001 and other Android based head units (coming soon)!
Mike

JK1001 and Go-Pro camera?

Post by Mike » Mon May 23, 2016 5:42 pm

Anyone on here using a Go-Pro camera with the JK1001? If so, how do you like it? If you could do it over, what would you do different? I crossed a significant milestone at work, and the boss put me in for a $600 bonus. Thinking about the Go-Pro Hero+ (and something for the wife too)....

Mike -- El Paso, TX.
Mike -- El Paso, Texas.

2015 JKU-R Hard Rock -- The Copperhead.

InsaneAudioSupport3

Re: JK1001 and Go-Pro camera?

Post by InsaneAudioSupport3 » Tue May 24, 2016 8:38 am

Mike wrote:Anyone on here using a Go-Pro camera with the JK1001? If so, how do you like it? If you could do it over, what would you do different? I crossed a significant milestone at work, and the boss put me in for a $600 bonus. Thinking about the Go-Pro Hero+ (and something for the wife too)....

Mike -- El Paso, TX.
Mike from El Paso!! Good to hear from you again! You should totally get a GoPro! (and something nice for the wife!) GoPros work great with the JK/FJ1001 units!! Check out some info on it here! http://insanejeepaudio.com/forum/viewto ... ?f=7&t=160

Let us know how it goes! Post some pictures!

Thanks,
Support

Casper711

Post by Casper711 » Fri Jul 01, 2016 11:42 am

Go for it! I've used it a lot when riding the trails and it's awesome. I've used it and I also have the i cam camera on the front of my jeep. The only issue is when you go to another app you have to reconnect to your camera or that was the case for me. It could be that I'm using my phone as a hot spot and when switching to another app it reconnects to my phone.

Mike

Post by Mike » Sun Jul 03, 2016 12:58 pm

InsaneAudioSupport3 wrote:
Mike wrote:Anyone on here using a Go-Pro camera with the JK1001? If so, how do you like it? If you could do it over, what would you do different? I crossed a significant milestone at work, and the boss put me in for a $600 bonus. Thinking about the Go-Pro Hero+ (and something for the wife too)....

Mike -- El Paso, TX.
Mike from El Paso!! Good to hear from you again! You should totally get a GoPro! (and something nice for the wife!) GoPros work great with the JK/FJ1001 units!! Check out some info on it here! http://insanejeepaudio.com/forum/viewto ... ?f=7&t=160

Let us know how it goes! Post some pictures!

Thanks,
Support
Well, the bonus came through. Boss was generous, it came out to $850. He also paid for the exam, which was $600. Now that I am nationally certified to run the power grid, I expect he wants me to stick around for a while.

I have read a lot of info over the past months about the Go-Pro. It seems a huge complaint is that they overheat and stop working. I cannot accept that, because out here in far west Texas it is always hot (we wear shorts and a T-shirt on Christmas Day), and with the city at 4,000 feet ASL, the direct sunlight heats everything quickly. (Do not leave tools in the driveway under the sun, they BURN your skin).

Here is a video my son made on Father's Day, it was only 101ºF in the desert that day. We were exploring the volcanic crater west of town. My infrared thermometer said the lava was 155ºF in the direct sunlight. Didn't fry an egg, we had breakfast before going out.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8UYyO9bHLwI

Soooo - I am not willing to dump out a bunch of $$$$ on a Go-Pro if they overheat, because heat is almost always a problem out here. Still looking for options. If the A/V in only had a recording option........ Further suggestions welcome.

Mike - El Paso.
Mike -- El Paso, Texas.

2015 JKU-R Hard Rock -- The Copperhead.