Screen Protector

General tech discussion board for Insane Audio's JK1001, FJ1001 and other Android based head units (coming soon)!
scolumbo

Screen Protector

Post by scolumbo » Wed May 06, 2015 10:31 am

Anyone install a screen protector on their IA? I'm a little concerned about the possibility of scratches, so I'm considering ordering a screen protector. I use a Bodyguardz Pure on my Galaxy S5 and it works well and is easy to apply. They have an anti-glare/anti-fingerprint protector and you can have them custom cut by measurement for an extra $9.95 so I may go this route to ensure proper sizing.

Casper711

Re: Screen Protector

Post by Casper711 » Fri May 06, 2016 11:29 am

scolumbo wrote:Anyone install a screen protector on their IA? I'm a little concerned about the possibility of scratches, so I'm considering ordering a screen protector. I use a Bodyguardz Pure on my Galaxy S5 and it works well and is easy to apply. They have an anti-glare/anti-fingerprint protector and you can have them custom cut by measurement for an extra $9.95 so I may go this route to ensure proper sizing.
I'vegot to find me one as well. The screen protector that is on from the factory is scratching up quit a bit.

What about gorilla glass? Would that work? Not sure if you can cut that or not, never looked into it.

InsaneAudioSupport3

Post by InsaneAudioSupport3 » Mon May 09, 2016 7:32 am

Hey guys! I don't believe there are any pre-fabricated screen solutions for our unit. If you have the time and availability to remove your unit from your Jeep, I highly recommend taking it in to Ghost Armor. They are set up in most malls and do ON-SITE screen protector fittings. They can just cut you a custom one while you shop! They are pretty awesome! I used them for a custom-made tablet I had a while ago.

scolumbo

Post by scolumbo » Mon May 09, 2016 8:57 am

Casper711 wrote:
scolumbo wrote:Anyone install a screen protector on their IA? I'm a little concerned about the possibility of scratches, so I'm considering ordering a screen protector. I use a Bodyguardz Pure on my Galaxy S5 and it works well and is easy to apply. They have an anti-glare/anti-fingerprint protector and you can have them custom cut by measurement for an extra $9.95 so I may go this route to ensure proper sizing.
I'vegot to find me one as well. The screen protector that is on from the factory is scratching up quit a bit.

What about gorilla glass? Would that work? Not sure if you can cut that or not, never looked into it.
I ended up having one custom cut from Bodyguardz. It's anti-glare and works great. When you have them custom cut they ask for the type of device, so you may be able to just tell them it's for Insane Audio and they already have the measurements.

shawnT

Post by shawnT » Thu Oct 10, 2019 8:00 pm

Does the screen protector cover up the scratches that are already there? I mean do you still see the scratches or does it sort of mask them?

InSaNeAuDiOSupport5

Post by InSaNeAuDiOSupport5 » Sat Oct 12, 2019 8:13 am

Hey shawnT,

When we ship our products, they usually ship out with TWO screen protectors.

The first screen protector does not go all the way to the edge of the screen and has a small tab on one of the corners. This screen protector is meant to be removed upon install.

The second screen protector goes all the way to the edge of the screen. It's sometimes tough to notice but it’s likely there. Please double check for the second protector as your scratches may actually be on that protector and not on your touchscreen, so you can just peel off and apply a new screen protector in its place.

Hope that helps!