IPod app shuffle function?

General tech discussion board for Insane Audio's JK1001, FJ1001 and other Android based head units (coming soon)!
Bigwalton

IPod app shuffle function?

Post by Bigwalton » Wed Sep 18, 2019 3:45 pm

Got the unit in and running in no time with stock speakers using the supplied wiring adapter, one ground... so simple!

I have an old iPod nano loaded with music that I plugged in immediately. Fired up the iPod app and went to shuffle through my thousands of songs... but there’s no shuffle? Looks like the options are to play straight through, loop once and continuous loop. I’ve always used shuffle on my playlists, am I missing something or is it really not available? Tried searching here but I guess I’m the only guy trying to do this or the only one who is missing it :lol:

InSaNeAuDiOSupport5

Re: IPod app shuffle function?

Post by InSaNeAuDiOSupport5 » Wed Sep 18, 2019 5:34 pm

Hi there,

Unfortunately the iPod app doesn’t have a shuffle feature and the ordering is decided by the iTunes playlist. Admittedly, the iPod app is fairly bare bones - that's because Apple locks down their interface, so we don't have nearly the control we would like.

If you need to shuffle a playlist, your only other option would be to have your content available on a USB or SD card, so that a 3rd party app can shuffle or maintain your playlists. By far, the best way to use our system is to move your music to a microSD card to truly unlock the potential of your Insane Audio head unit.

Here's a couple of forum posts that you'd be interested in: Hope that helps.

Bigwalton

Re: IPod app shuffle function?

Post by Bigwalton » Wed Sep 18, 2019 9:41 pm

That’s precisely the long term goal but this is what I could do to quickly test the unit after it fired up. Surprised this hadn’t come up before. Thanks.