- Update your head unit's core software. Please visit this page to find the latest version for your head unit. The dialer requires version 2.1 or later.
- Set up a Google account. You can use your personal Google account, but for privacy reasons, Insane Audio recommends setting up a dedicated account for your vehicle. Go to Settings > Accounts, and create a new account if you don't already have one.
- Check that you have the latest version of the IA Dialer app in the Play Store.
- Import your contact list. If you created a new Google account, then you can import your contacts from a connected phone. Be sure your phone is connected to the head unit, and then open the IA Dialer app.
Select Import contacts from the side bar.
- Turn on the Ok Google voice search feature. While you can launch the IA Dialer app to make phone calls, it's much more convenient to use Ok Google from any screen. Just say "Ok Google, call so-and-so".
General tech discussion board for Insane Audio's JK1001, FJ1001 and other Android based head units (coming soon)!
1 post • Page 1 of 1
Insane Audio recently rolled out a voice dialing feature for all head units running Android 6.0! Now you can say "Ok Google, call my mother", and your head unit will dial your contact through your Bluetooth-connected phone. It's completely hands-free, no pressing buttons. Here is a basic checklist to get that feature working.