Sorting music on SD Card

General tech discussion board for Insane Audio's JK1001, FJ1001 and other Android based head units (coming soon)!
Mthompson103

Sorting music on SD Card

Post by Mthompson103 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:31 am

So, I'm a little inept with android and using an SD Card for music. (Spent the last 10-ish years using an iPod connected device)

So far I have coppied all of the music from my iTunes to an SD card, and organized them into different files. Everything loads fine into the Music app, but I was hoping there was a way to organize things into different play lists
As of now, the only thing that shows when I open the app is "All Songs" even though everything is seperated into different files on the card.
Anyone have a suggestion?

InsaneAudioSupport3

Re: Sorting music on SD Card

Post by InsaneAudioSupport3 » Tue Dec 12, 2017 2:36 pm

The stock Insane Audio music player app doesn't support playlists or viewing by album/artist etc. However, the cool thing about having an Android-powered head unit is that you have the whole Play store to download apps from. There are hundreds of different music player apps out there, and the majority of them work flawlessly with Insane Audio products. If you like, there is another thread on the forum that goes in depth with a dozen or so music apps that could be worth your while. Pretty much all of them support playlists, queues, and album/artist/genre categorization.
Thread link here: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=4271&sid=f893a8cc93 ... a40d3ba097
Give a couple apps a try, see if you like any of them! Feel free to post your results, or if you found any others 8-)