Bluetooth & wifi connection problems

General tech discussion board for Insane Audio's JK1001, FJ1001 and other Android based head units (coming soon)!
Rich Vignola

Bluetooth & wifi connection problems

Post by Rich Vignola » Tue Sep 29, 2015 6:49 am

This has been happening for months now. I have an LG G3 phone. Sometimes when I get in my Jeep and start it, it finds my phone and connects. But, sometimes it doesn't connect and I have to connect manually. Major pain in the butt. Maybe 5 out of 10 times it connects. Can't figure out what the problem is. Bigger problem with wifi. Very hard to connect. I put my phone in hot spot mode, radio finds it, I click connect, it says connecting, then shows connection saved. Never connects. I mean it never connects. Tried with encryption and open. Says connection saved but will not connect. Anyone?

InsaneAudioSupport2

Re: Bluetooth & wifi connection problems

Post by InsaneAudioSupport2 » Wed Sep 30, 2015 1:56 pm

Rich Vignola wrote:This has been happening for months now. I have an LG G3 phone. Sometimes when I get in my Jeep and start it, it finds my phone and connects. But, sometimes it doesn't connect and I have to connect manually. Major pain in the butt. Maybe 5 out of 10 times it connects. Can't figure out what the problem is. Bigger problem with wifi. Very hard to connect. I put my phone in hot spot mode, radio finds it, I click connect, it says connecting, then shows connection saved. Never connects. I mean it never connects. Tried with encryption and open. Says connection saved but will not connect. Anyone?
Hello Rich, these are very odd issues. First, make sure that your Bluetooth on your phone is set ON before you power your JK1001 on. This should help speed up the connection process. Also, can you connect other devices to your smart phones mobile hot spot? I could be possible that the mobile hotspot feature on your phone is blocked due to your cell phone plan. Try connecting your JK1001 to a mobile hotspot you KNOW works every time, or to your home Wi-Fi. If these issues persist, please hit up our support guys at -- support@insanejeepaudio.com -- they would love to get this sorted out for you.

TheDVS1

Post by TheDVS1 » Sun Mar 08, 2020 2:30 pm

I am having the same exact problem on my JK2001. Even though my hotspot on the phone is active, 90% of the time I have to connect manually, and even then it only works maybe 20% of the time. It will say Connecting, briefly connect, and then disconnect right away with device status back to Saved. I don't have these issues connecting the hotspot to my laptop. Even when the hotspot does connect, it is INCREDIBLY slow - about .05 MBPS. The phone is an iPhone 11 Pro Max. Anything I can try? Very frustrating.

No Bluetooth issues luckily. Thanks.

InsaneAudioSupport

Post by InsaneAudioSupport » Sun Mar 08, 2020 5:45 pm

This may be an antenna connection issue (make sure your WiFi antenna is plugged securely into the correct port). You also may want to check and ensure Google background services are turned off. Please refer to page 73 here -- https://insaneaudio.com/manuals/IA_2000 ... urrent.pdf

Lastly, you'll want to make sure your carrier isn't throttling your hotspot. After a certain data limit, many carriers will throttle your data speeds. This is easy to check - connect from your laptop to your phone's hotspot and run a speed test.

If that doesn't work, please reach out to Insane Audio technical support directly as this is by far the fastest way to receive specific technical support for your issues - www.insaneaudio.com/support

All Insane Audio customers get lifetime technical support for free and our team is always happy to help!