Insane eq

Discussion around Insane Audio's super awesome new JL3001 for your JL Wrangler or JT Gladiator!
Kidcia

Insane eq

Post by Kidcia » Thu Jun 25, 2020 7:39 pm

What’s up guys! Dabbling in the pretty cool ia eq I realized how new I am to tuning even tho I’m going to be adding a bunch of speakers to my system. When done I’ll have a soundbar with 4 8” mids 2 tweeters, 2 6.5 knee panels mids and 2 bullet tweeters and a custom Kicker l7 in, I have no idea how to tune/eq but I would like somewhere to start to learn. Reading into it I have basic knowledge. But could anyone help with any suggestions to an app or something that would help the learning curve on the ia unit? Btw I have tried to tune a little got it perfect and then an update ruined it and now I blew 2 speakers. That’s why I’m posting now

InsaneAudioSupport

Re: Insane eq

Post by InsaneAudioSupport » Sat Jun 27, 2020 4:30 pm

We are afraid that this largely comes down to what kind of system you have and your personal taste (i.e. what kind of music you are listening to, whether or not you like more bass, etc). Our best advice is to put on some good tunes and play around with InsaneEQ. When you find a setting you like, you can save it by long pressing the custom1, 2, or 3 buttons.

Tcharker

Post by Tcharker » Wed Jul 01, 2020 12:13 pm

Anyway to Save those custom buttons before upgrading to the next Awesome software update so they don't get wiped?

Thanks

InSaNeAuDiOSupport5

Post by InSaNeAuDiOSupport5 » Wed Jul 01, 2020 3:29 pm

Tcharker wrote:
Wed Jul 01, 2020 12:13 pm
Anyway to Save those custom buttons before upgrading to the next Awesome software update so they don't get wiped?

Thanks
Unfortunately, no. You can't save the custom buttons, but you can certainly take a picture of them with your phone and get them set at the levels you like, if they get wiped on having the software updated.

Just so you know, the preset will stay permanently, until you do a Factory Data Reset or apply a Software Update. In these cases you will lose any EQ Presets you've saved. There's no way to export them, but perhaps you can just take a picture of your favorite settings with your phone. 😊