Please obey your local traffic laws! The driver should always keep their eyes on the road and hands on the wheel!
The first thing we should do is check your version number on your JL3001. Go to settings->system->about machine->build number.
The build number starts with "rk33990userdebug 9 PI" followed by a date code.
- If your date code is 20191218 then that means you are one of the first customers in the world to own Insane Audio's JL3001. You want this update.
- If your date code is 20200113 then you already have this update.
- If your date code is something else then you are reading this in the future and you are on some newer version of our software with some amazingly fantastic features. You should not apply this update.
To apply this software update -
- First go here https://www.insaneaudio.com/JL3001_UPDATES/v1.1/ Right click on update.zip and save locally to your computer. Note that it is important to download this locally first to avoid data corruption.
- You'll then need a blank microSD card formatted in FAT32. Copy update.zip to that microSD card and properly eject it from your computer.
- Next, you'll want to power up your JL3001.
- Properly eject the GPS card by going to Settings->Storage and pressing the eject button on the right hand side by GPS. Then you can safely remove the card from the GPS card slot on the bottom left of your unit.
- After you've removed your Insane NavEngine GPS card from the GPS card slot, insert the microSD card that you just put the necessary files on. Right away, you should see a dialog box asking if you'd like to update your software. Yes, please. We'd like to do that. Alternatively, you can also go to settings -> about machine then tap on System Update
- Make sure you allow the system to "Wipe and clear" and install
- Properly eject your SD card from the GPS slot and remove it. Put your Insane NavEngine GPS card back in.
- To re-install Insane NavEngine, open up the file browser. Navigate to GPS->Insane NAVI->iGO then click on iGO.apk and follow the prompts.
- If you'd like your koi pond wallpaper back, open the file browser. Navigate to GPS->INSANE NAVI->Additional_APK and click on Water Garden_1.6.4.apk. Follow the prompts to install. Then you can long press on the home screen and set the live wallpaper.
- You'll need to open the bluetooth app, search for and pair to your OBDII adapter for your live engine data.
- You'll want to re-configure the Torque app as well. Go ahead and open that up. Press the settings icon on the bottom left. Select Settings -> OBD2 Adapter Settings -> Choose Bluetooth Device. There should only be one listed so go ahead and select that. Note that there are also some general settings that you may want to change like "start in dashboard mode" which will allow you to immediately jump to your gauges when you press the Torque icon. These settings are in Settings -> General Preferences