Post Update Radio Sits and Blinks

Get the latest software for your JK2001!
Dekepatterson

Post Update Radio Sits and Blinks

Post by Dekepatterson » Sun May 06, 2018 6:42 am

* followed the Instructions to the letter
* Turned on Jeep
* Verified revision needed updating
* Powered off Navi
* Replaced Navi Micro SD with Fat32 Formatted MicroSD with the two appropriate files
* Messaged Popped up as in the instructions
* Selected install
* Android guy popped up progress bar proceeded
* Radio appeared to reboot, now sits with blinking button lights and a black screen
* Is this like the other post.....have to remove power from the radio as the update hung?
* Request the instructions have an image regarding what we should see if the update concludes properly so I don't sit and stare as this black
screen for ever.

InSaNeAuDiOSupport5

Re: Post Update Radio Sits and Blinks

Post by InSaNeAuDiOSupport5 » Mon May 07, 2018 8:42 am

This can happen occasionally after a software update. If this happens, go ahead and do a system reset.

To do a system reset on the JK2001, find the reset button on the upper right corner of the faceplate, directly above the BAND button. There is a small hole with a button inside it. Use a pen or paperclip to press the button until it clicks, and then release it. This will power down your head unit and do a full reboot.

The good news is, the update will usually still be applied! To confirm that the update was applied, go to Settings > About machine > Build Number and confirm that the build number is: "px5-userdebug 6.0.1 MXC 89L user.hct.20180102.102430"

If you have any other issues or questions please feel free to reach out via the form on our support page. With Insane Audio, you get lifetime technical support and a company who stands behind everything we build 100%!

Dekepatterson

Post by Dekepatterson » Tue May 08, 2018 9:51 am

Well dang wish I had known resetting would be that easy, I did the whole battery disconnect deal, which accomplished the same thing, it hard rebooted and when I reconnected the battery terminal and power was restored, she booted up and the update completed. However I do get quite a few app crashes usually blue tooth module when I start me jeep now, but it seems to work fine after clearing the message. I have noticed quite an improvement in how well the unit relates to my 5 channel amplifier, volume levels are a lot better. where those levels were quite different from FM to a Sat radio connect via Aux.

InSaNeAuDiOSupport5

Post by InSaNeAuDiOSupport5 » Thu May 10, 2018 9:06 am

Glad to hear you got your software update got applied! If you continue to have issues with apps crashing we recommend reinstalling or removing the unstable apps. If you have any other questions or issues please get in touch with our friendly support team at support@insaneaudio.com