JK2001 v1.5 is available now!

Get the latest software for your JK2001!
InsaneAudioSupport

JK2001 v1.5 is available now!

Post by InsaneAudioSupport » Mon Dec 18, 2017 1:56 pm

Hey, folks! We just released v1.5 of our firmware for your JK2001. We recommend that if you aren't currently on this firmware that you upgrade. As always, all Insane Audio customers get free software updates for life!

Information about this software including how to apply it can be found here -- https://insaneaudio.com/JK2001_UPDATES/ ... E_v1.5.pdf

This release fixes a number of bugs and we've also done quite a bit of tuning so you'll notice a few performance improvements.

For those who have had previous version of Insane Audio's products, you'll be pleased to learn that our new update process does not involve a factory reset. So.. your apps and settings will all remain intact. :)

Enjoy and we'll see 'ya on the trail!

InSaNe AuDio Support Staff

PS: look for a new software release by Q2 of next year that will include some MAJOR new features and functionality. The guys are working on it now. Just like this one, it will be released free of charge!

InsaneAudioSupport6

Re: JK2001 v1.5 is available now!

Post by InsaneAudioSupport6 » Sat Dec 23, 2017 6:09 pm

We found that some customers were having problems downloading the files from our web server, so here are alternate links to those two files:

dmcu.img
update.img

Rammer

Post by Rammer » Sun Dec 24, 2017 5:59 am

Can you post a change log for this update?

Mike

Post by Mike » Sun Dec 24, 2017 9:41 am

Rammer wrote:Can you post a change log for this update?
Ho ho ho..... not on Christmas Eve. They are too busy delivering JK2001s to the North Pole so Santa can deliver them to the good little JEEP owners across the world.

SUPPORT DUDES: I am curious too. Not that I would really have any clue about software. But a change log would be "interesting". Perhaps I might even learn something! <grin>.

Merry Christmas to all.

Mike -- El Paso, Texas.
Mike -- El Paso, Texas.

2015 JKU-R Hard Rock -- The Copperhead.

Zerethusta

Post by Zerethusta » Sun Feb 04, 2018 10:45 am

Any luck with a changelog?

I'd also be curious as to what changes are expected in the Q2 release mentioned. I vaguely recall an old post saying that you guys were working on adding traffic to the Nav app (desperately needed, without live traffic it's useless to me on-road). Also the ability to control audio levels in the video app would be nice, not that anyone would ever drive with video playing, but in THEORY they'd have to be listening at ~26-28 out of 30 just to hear dialog...

InsaneAudioSupport

Post by InsaneAudioSupport » Mon Feb 05, 2018 8:33 am

Sorry, folks. We don't publish a detailed change log. Besides being quite technical, we also need to protect some of our R&D and intellectual capitol.

We will provide release notes with every software release that highlights key features. In the future, we'll try to be as verbose as possible in those notes for those curious.

Cheers,

iNSaNe AuDio Support STaff