Steering wheel control button backwards after new CAN BUS

Technical support for Insane Audio's JK1001 or JK2001
reaganeden

Steering wheel control button backwards after new CAN BUS

Post by reaganeden » Thu May 05, 2016 7:53 am

So I bought the IAR Boost and installed a couple weeks ago and it was determined my CAN BUS module was outdated.

Insane Audio sent me a new one at no charge, THANK YOU!!!!!

Now my left steering wheel control is backwards.

I push the up and the radio goes to the next lower preset, I push down and the radio goes to the next higher preset.

I emailed support last Saturday and have not received a response.

Please tell me how to re-program this.

InsaneAudioSupport3

Re: Steering wheel control button backwards after new CAN BU

Post by InsaneAudioSupport3 » Thu May 05, 2016 6:01 pm

reaganeden wrote:So I bought the IAR Boost and installed a couple weeks ago and it was determined my CAN BUS module was outdated.

Insane Audio sent me a new one at no charge, THANK YOU!!!!!

Now my left steering wheel control is backwards.

I push the up and the radio goes to the next lower preset, I push down and the radio goes to the next higher preset.

I emailed support last Saturday and have not received a response.

Please tell me how to re-program this.
Hey there reaganeden! I am still looking to find the email you sent on Saturday. I apologize for the delay in getting your questions answered. There are a couple of settings I would like one of the lead Engineers to test that MAY be able to reverse the settings. He is out of town until this weekend! I will email you and post to this forum on Monday with some answers. Hope you have a great weekend!

Thanks!
The Support Dudes

InsaneAudioSupport3

Re: Steering wheel control button backwards after new CAN BU

Post by InsaneAudioSupport3 » Wed May 11, 2016 7:06 am

Hey there! We’re back with some answers!
So, the way the CANBUS in your JK1001 is set up follows a logical pattern, even though some find it to be a contradiction to the OEM Jeep controls. The easiest way to see this in effect is if you open the Music Player application on your JK1001 and load several songs in to the Playlist. Once your songs start playing, if you expand the Playlist you will see all of the songs you just loaded. The way the JK1001 works by default is to navigate this list up/down respective to the screen. If you want the song below the one you are listening to, simply press the “down” key on your steering wheel.
Screenshot_2016-05-11-07-34-43.png
Screenshot_2016-05-11-07-34-43.png (135.41 KiB) Viewed 3470 times
Some users feel that the default controls do not control the AM/FM radio the same way as the OEM Jeep system. If you would like to change the “Next” and “Previous” functions of your steering wheel controls, you totally can! To do this:
1.) Open “Settings” and scroll to the bottom of the menu.
2.) Open “Factory Settings.” You will be prompted for a password, it is 126.
3.) Once you have opened the Factory Settings menu, tap on the “Other” category in the upper-right corner of the menu.
4.) In the Other menu, you will see an option that reads, “swap canbus next prev.” Check the box next to that option.
5.) Press the “Apply” button in the lower left, and then the “Exit” button in the lower right of the screen. You will get a prompt to reboot your JK1001. Do so at this time.
Factory Settings-Reverse steering Wheel.png
Factory Settings-Reverse steering Wheel.png (92.37 KiB) Viewed 3470 times
When your unit reboots, the FWD and REV functions on your steering wheel will be reversed.
Enjoy!