Technical support for Insane Audio's JK1001 or JK2001
4 posts • Page 1 of 1
Assuming you are using the external mic, please ensure that external mic is as far away from the gauges as possible (as these tend to have some electrical interference) and as close to the driver as possible.
The next thing you’ll want to do is make sure the mic cable isn’t pinched anywhere in your dash and it doesn't have any cuts, melts or otherwise any other damage.
We also, want you to double check the Bluetooth connection. To ensure the highest quality Bluetooth connection, please check the following:
- First, always answer a call from the green button on the Head Unit and not your phone. This will ensure the audio goes through the Head Unit and not the phone.
- Please confirm that WiFi is turned on: Apps > Settings > WiFi > ON. It doesn’t have to be connected to a network, just On. Bluetooth and WiFi actually share the same antenna, and if WiFi is turned off, you will get noticeably reduced Bluetooth reception.
- Always pair over Bluetooth FROM your phone TO your Insane Audio Head Unit (and not the other way around).
Also, confirm that the Bluetooth/WiFi antenna is firmly connected to the correct port at rear of the unit. If it is loose or connected to the wrong port, it could result in poor Bluetooth reception. Your unit has WiFi and GPS ports that look similar. When you look at the back of your head unit, the port on the right-hand side of your head unit is your GPS port and this will be closest to the USB ports. On the left is your WiFi antenna port and this is closest to the AM/FM radio adapter socket. If these connections are switched (swapped) you will experience poor Bluetooth, WiFi and GPS. Please refer to page 15 of the Installation Guide here: https://insaneaudio.com/wp-content/uplo ... rrent.pdf
- Go to Settings
- Then select System settings.
- Scroll all the way to the bottom of the menu and select About Machine.
- Now scroll down a little until you see Build number.
All Insane Audio customers get lifetime technical support and the forum is designed more for collaboration with other users and sharing ideas. For specific technical support such as this, you will get a much faster response by reaching out to us directly at www.insaneaudio.com/support
My dad is having the same issue we've tried everything, it messed up because this has been going on since he got the radio but since nobody ever told him he never knew there was an issue and just recently we just noticed that it only happens when he's on Bluetooth through the radio.
Hey there,Skyhooks42 wrote: ↑Mon Oct 04, 2021 6:36 amMy dad is having the same issue we've tried everything, it messed up because this has been going on since he got the radio but since nobody ever told him he never knew there was an issue and just recently we just noticed that it only happens when he's on Bluetooth through the radio.
While the forum is a great place to collaborate and share ideas with other customers but is not the best place to go for tech support. All Insane Audio customers get lifetime technical support and our staff works 7 days a week. You will get a much faster response reaching out to us directly. Please reach out to us at insaneaudio.com/support and we can certainly help you out.
InSaNe AuDio Support Staff