Audio issues.

Technical support for Insane Audio's JK1001 or JK2001
Fu7iL3

Audio issues.

Post by Fu7iL3 » Wed Oct 09, 2019 8:03 pm

Hello just installed the jk2001. I have a 4 channel jl audio amp and a mono amp running my dual 10" subs. I installed all new speakers and wires. Never had an issue till i installed this deck. The issue is the factory subwoofer is still running and it seems to be running at full volume, also the rear speakers have no audio. All connections are correct to the deck. When i go and adjust in the graphic equalizer for the sub, it only adjusts the aftermarker subs that I installed. When i use the car diagram to fade the audio it does nothing. Is there away to disable the factory alpine amp powering the factory subwoofer?

InSaNeAuDiOSupport5

Re: Audio issues.

Post by InSaNeAuDiOSupport5 » Thu Oct 10, 2019 9:58 am

Hi Fu7iL3,

This is a somewhat complex setup. Its rare to have someone have the OEM alpine system with a sub, but then decide to go with aftermarket speakers and amps. Your Jeep’s ECU (computer) thinks it has the Alpine system so your JK2001 is going to send CanBus codes to communicate with that. This is different than the pre-amp outputs. Please reach out to our support staff directly so you can chat with our engineers – they will definitely take care of you.

The best way to reach out to our support team is from our support page https://www.insaneaudio.com/support which will create a ticket for you. You can also email them directly: support@insaneaudio.com

Cheers!