Using micro SD card

Technical support for Insane Audio's JK1001 or JK2001
JAHII

Using micro SD card

Post by JAHII » Wed Jan 04, 2017 7:05 am

I enrolled in Spotify since it was one of the recommended music apps on here. I downloaded about 10 GB of music and had it load to my SD card. When I inserted the SD card into my JK1001, it said no music available. I know for sure Spotify downloaded SOMETHING on the SD card since 10 GB are being used and when I started I formatted the card and the hit download to SD card on Spotify. Am I doing something wrong?

InsaneAudioSupport

Re: Using micro SD card

Post by InsaneAudioSupport » Wed Jan 11, 2017 7:20 am

JAHII wrote:I enrolled in Spotify since it was one of the recommended music apps on here. I downloaded about 10 GB of music and had it load to my SD card. When I inserted the SD card into my JK1001, it said no music available. I know for sure Spotify downloaded SOMETHING on the SD card since 10 GB are being used and when I started I formatted the card and the hit download to SD card on Spotify. Am I doing something wrong?
When you say you had it load to your SD card, are you doing that in the android settings or within Spotify itself? You'll need to specify the location of your offline files within the Spotify app itself. One of our guys did a pretty good writeup of Spotify including setting it up for offline storage on your SD card. Check it out here --- http://www.insanejeepaudio.com/forum/vi ... ?f=7&t=711

Have an awesome day!!

Cheers,

InSaNe AuDio Support Staff

VodaZNY

Post by VodaZNY » Wed Aug 16, 2017 2:41 am

Hopefully this will help users who having micro SD card issues not being read properly.

-if you copied your files from Mac, plug card into PC and delete all hidden Mac files (.trashes, etc. - all that greyed out and start with ".")
-create main folder called "Music" and drag all your music folders into it. (or if you have videos, etc, create folder for that)

Mine was reading folders but not songs, and this fixed the issue.

Miles_Gonzalez

Post by Miles_Gonzalez » Tue Aug 20, 2019 5:57 pm

As I know, the Spotify music songs are only online available. It is not possible to copy them to Micro SD card unless you convert Spotify to MP3. After that, you can move the Spotify songs to your SD card.

I have personally try it, it does work. One thing you need to keep in mind is that this tool is only for personal use, not commercial.