Suddenly won’t turn on

Technical support for Insane Audio's JK1001 or JK2001
wtimson

Suddenly won’t turn on

Post by wtimson » Wed Jan 02, 2019 3:42 pm

I got in my Jeep and my unit would not power on. I tried the reset button and the lights flashed briefly and still no power. The unit is only about three months old. Looking for solutions or suggestions I assume it is getting power since it lights up after reset briefly.

wtimson

Re: Suddenly won’t turn on

Post by wtimson » Thu Jan 03, 2019 3:34 pm

I disconnected the battery for two minutes and reconnected . The system started to work after this I guess we will see how this goes.

InSaNeAuDiOSupport5

Post by InSaNeAuDiOSupport5 » Sat Jan 05, 2019 10:32 am

Hey wtimson, glad to hear the reset worked! It sounds like there could be an issue with your wiring harness connection. If you run into any issues in the future, you may want to make sure the plug is plugged all the way in and there is no damage to any of the pins. Also, feel free to contact our friendly support staff 7 days a week at insaneaudio.com/support. We stand behind everything we build 100% and will make sure your unit is running flawlessly.

GordonSmith

Post by GordonSmith » Wed Mar 27, 2019 8:59 am

I'm glad this post is here - I just ran into the same issue. I removed the negative from my battery for a few minutes and then reattached. My JK2001 started right back up just fine.

I've never had this issue and I'm curious how it may have happened. My Jeep was broken into last night (I left it unlocked by accident). They rifled through my glove box and center console but took nothing. It's either a strange coincidence (my only break-in coinciding with my only JK2001 non-start issue) or they caused it... somehow? I don't see any pry marks from them trying to pull the unit out. According to my house security camera, they were only in my Jeep for about 2 minutes. Weird...