Using ITunes based movies and music

Technical support for Insane Audio's JK1001 or JK2001
Ulrgra1767

Using ITunes based movies and music

Post by Ulrgra1767 » Mon Jan 21, 2019 6:33 am

Hey guys first post to forum so give me some slack lol. I’ve had this insane audio 2001 unit for about a week and this was a huge issue I had until I was able to figure it out with help from insanes support. My first problem was when trying to move music and movies to An sd card it would come up as “broken or damaged”. Quick format fixed that, you want to format in NTFS because as I found out you can’t load files bigger then 4gb onto fat32 format. Most movies are over 4gb which I found out lol. After I did all of that I still couldn’t get movies to play. Kept saying “incorrect path or broken file”. So now I have my music but no movies. I finally figured out that Apple puts a digital rights code into its file so the movies can’t be used with anything else. Very typical of apple. Side note- don’t use Mac with anything micro sd or droid related. I had to use my pc with windows. So next WhT you wanna do is download a software to convert your Apple iTunes purchased movies from M4V to MP4 which takes out the digital rights crap and converts it into a better format for android. After the conversion which takes a little bit movies work awesome! Let me know if you guys have questions Thanks.

Rick Grimes

Re: Using ITunes based movies and music

Post by Rick Grimes » Fri Mar 01, 2019 1:40 pm

Ulrgra1767 wrote:
Mon Jan 21, 2019 6:33 am
Hey guys first post to forum so give me some slack lol. I’ve had this insane audio 2001 unit for about a week and this was a huge issue I had until I was able to figure it out with help from insanes support. My first problem was when trying to move music and movies to An sd card it would come up as “broken or damaged”. Quick format fixed that, you want to format in NTFS because as I found out you can’t load files bigger then 4gb onto fat32 format. Most movies are over 4gb which I found out lol. After I did all of that I still couldn’t get movies to play. Kept saying “incorrect path or broken file”. So now I have my music but no movies. I finally figured out that Apple puts a digital rights code into its file so the movies can’t be used with anything else. Very typical of apple. Side note- don’t use Mac with anything micro sd or droid related. I had to use my pc with windows. So next WhT you wanna do is download a software to convert your Apple iTunes purchased movies from M4V to MP4 which takes out the digital rights crap and converts it into a better format for android. After the conversion which takes a little bit movies work awesome! Let me know if you guys have questions Thanks.
Hi, sorry but I'm very computer S-T-U-P-I-D. I have a PC with Windows 10. I have a butt load of music from iTunes... Where and how do I get the software to convert M4V to MP4? Where and what is "quick format"?

InSaNeAuDiOSupport5

Post by InSaNeAuDiOSupport5 » Thu Mar 07, 2019 4:44 pm

Hey Rick,

You might find this post helpful: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=4295

Rick Grimes

Post by Rick Grimes » Thu Mar 07, 2019 7:53 pm

InSaNeAuDiOSupport5 wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2019 4:44 pm
Hey Rick,

You might find this post helpful: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=4295