IACAM1 Mounting questions

Discussion relating to installation of accessories to your Insane Audio head unit
web122077

IACAM1 Mounting questions

Post by web122077 » Tue Apr 05, 2016 5:50 am

I already have a backup camera (AEV 30406035AB), so I want to use the IACAM1 as a forward facing rock camera. Few questions:

1. Where would you install it physically?
2. How would you wire it?
a. Do I need to get a switch to manually control the power to it?
b. If so, any recommendations? Or would a basic toggle work?
3. Assuming the switch is in place, is there a way to configure the JK1001 to automatically switch the screen to the IACAM1 when powered on?

OverTheTop

Re: IACAM1 Mounting questions

Post by OverTheTop » Tue Apr 05, 2016 11:51 am

1. Without seeing what you have for a bumper/winch/;ights it is hard to say. If you have a bull bar that might be a good place. Maybe mount on fairlead etc.

2. I would wire it to switched power and pick the thing you want to turn on to turn on the camera. Maybe running lights or fog lights since those are up front. Turn on running lights and camera would get power and turn on tap into cig lighter power( the switched one not battery one) but that would leave the camera with power whenever the jeep is on. Camera is cheap enough so I run mine on all the time off my cig lighter power. Unless you double up on something you will need to use a toggle switch to turn it on and off.

3. No idea but if you figure it out let me know. Would say the only way is to open the avin app unless you have steering wheel controls and have one of the buttons you don't use maybe you could map it to that.

InsaneAudioSupport

Post by InsaneAudioSupport » Tue Apr 05, 2016 2:03 pm

IACAM1 is a universal camera and you can pretty much mount it anywhere. In front-facing applications, simply press the AVIN icon on your JK1001 and it will view the camera. Here is a link to the IACAM1 user manual that might help in terms of how to wire it up -- http://www.insanejeepaudio.com/IACAM1_M ... er_res.pdf

The thing that makes IACAM1 unique compared to other cameras on the market is that it's fully programmable. You can flip images, mirror images, turn on or off guidelines and even adjust guidelines. Like all of our products, it's also built to last and is fully ruggedized, waterproof and shockproof.

That being said, however, you might also want to check out IACAM2. IACAM2 is designed to be mounted inside your bumper. It's super high quality and looks pretty darn slick when mounted. Find out more about IACAM2 here -- http://www.insanejeepaudio.com/forum/vi ... f=12&t=683

Hope that helps!

Casper711

Post by Casper711 » Wed Apr 06, 2016 11:40 pm

I'll try to post pics of mine when I get a chance, but mine is mounted on the bull bar (guess that's what it's called). I have the power running thru a switch on the A piller. I flip the switch then on the screen tap "avin" then its up. shut off the camera just flip the switch. For some reason it will not capture a screen shot, it just comes out black.

Casper711

Post by Casper711 » Wed Apr 13, 2016 5:29 am

I used mine constantly this pass weekend at an off road park. It cam in very useful when crawling over rocks or for when I would be going up an incline and was unable to see over the hood. Love it!!!!