Reverse camera mounting ....Ideas?

Discussion relating to installation of accessories to your Insane Audio head unit
Jeffro3000

Reverse camera mounting ....Ideas?

Post by Jeffro3000 » Sat Jan 30, 2016 6:09 am

Im getting the Insane camera. Looking for ideas on where to mount. My plate is mounted through my rear tire with the stock holder deleted. Where did you guys mount yours?

Skibumm

Re: Reverse camera mounting ....Ideas?

Post by Skibumm » Fri Feb 05, 2016 9:01 am

I have the same setup. I mounted mine above the license plate and ran the wire back down thru the rear hatch. I spliced the power in on the passenger side backup light. Then ran the video along the passenger sire to the head unit.

InsaneAudioSupport

Post by InsaneAudioSupport » Sun Feb 07, 2016 11:37 am

We just mounted one on a test vehicle that had the tow package... it worked nicely right underneath the receiver (but a little off center so it wouldn't be blocked by a drop hitch)

Our friends at 4 Wheel Parts in El Cajon, CA just did a pretty cool install where they made a custom bracket to mount it inside the spare tire.

NDLOCO

Post by NDLOCO » Fri Feb 19, 2016 2:58 pm

I mounted mine right on top of the hitch. I drilled 2 holes and taped some threads.

dead center with the camera and with the 6 inch lift and 37's about perfect.

I purchased a AV cable with Power and ran it to the front it powers off the switched 12 volt plug. With a y harness I can use the camera as a rear view mirror is needed.

kcbar4

Post by kcbar4 » Sun Mar 06, 2016 4:55 pm

I have the factory Arctic edition rims. I took a 1” flat bar and drilled a hole that the wheel stud would fit through. Then measured down and bent the flat bar at a 90 degree angle. Cut the flat bar so it is just inside the rim on the tire carrier and stove bolted the camera to the flat bar. I added 2 washers to the other 2 bolts for the tire carrier so the tire still would sit normal. I have a spacer on my spare tire carried so my tire sit 180 degrees out from factory, but there is no reasons why you could not make the mount go up with the camera.

InsaneAudioSupport

Post by InsaneAudioSupport » Wed Jul 06, 2016 8:07 am

kcbar4 wrote:I have the factory Arctic edition rims. I took a 1” flat bar and drilled a hole that the wheel stud would fit through. Then measured down and bent the flat bar at a 90 degree angle. Cut the flat bar so it is just inside the rim on the tire carrier and stove bolted the camera to the flat bar. I added 2 washers to the other 2 bolts for the tire carrier so the tire still would sit normal. I have a spacer on my spare tire carried so my tire sit 180 degrees out from factory, but there is no reasons why you could not make the mount go up with the camera.
Sounds like a clean install. How about a pic or two! :)