inclineomter

Discussion relating to installation of accessories to your Insane Audio head unit
alberto

inclineomter

Post by alberto » Mon May 07, 2018 1:55 pm

Just a suggestion, I have an inclineometer on my phone. I thought it would work on the unit, nope. I guess the unit doesn't have a gyro...It would be awesome if the unit worked inclineometer expecially since this unit is designed for JEEPS. Is there any plans in the future to install a gyro?
Attachments
20180505_091350.jpg
20180505_091350.jpg (30.44 KiB) Viewed 2103 times

InsaneAudioSupport

Re: inclineomter

Post by InsaneAudioSupport » Mon May 07, 2018 2:43 pm

Hi, there. Thanks for the suggestion but unfortunately -- no. We do not have plans to add this.

For a bit of history, we experimented with embedded gyro sensors early on and ran into all kinds of problems in the real world. Certain apps, for example, would flip from landscape to portrait mode whenever you had one tire on a big rock, etc. Things like that. There were cases where we were unable to systematically force everything to remain in landscape mode and our engineers ultimately decided to just remove the gyro sensor to ensure everything stayed in landscape where it should be. Just imagine how annoying it would be if you were offroad and on a bit of an angle... and your screen flipped to portrait mode.

Again -- thanks for the suggestion!

alberto

Re: inclineomter

Post by alberto » Tue May 08, 2018 1:11 pm

Thank for the reply and history. Very helpful...

Love this unit...biggest pain is putting in all the info into my apps...LOL

Thanks again