RCA inputs

Discussion relating to installation of accessories to your Insane Audio head unit
Superhoob

RCA inputs

Post by Superhoob » Tue Dec 22, 2015 4:26 pm

I installed a back up camera, and I have XM installed thru the aux input. Now I am thinking that I would like to have a front facing rock camera. Can I hook up another camera and leave my XM box still hooked up to the aux input? If so, how will I be controlling the different aux inputs? Once I access the AV input button, all that shows up is the yellow "!" diamond.

InsaneAudioSupport

Re: RCA inputs

Post by InsaneAudioSupport » Fri Dec 25, 2015 12:17 pm

Superhoob wrote:I installed a back up camera, and I have XM installed thru the aux input. Now I am thinking that I would like to have a front facing rock camera. Can I hook up another camera and leave my XM box still hooked up to the aux input? If so, how will I be controlling the different aux inputs? Once I access the AV input button, all that shows up is the yellow "!" diamond.
Yes, you can.. but the way it will work will be that your AVIN app will both display your front facing camera and play Sirius XM at the same time. Basically, the AVIN app will play the audio inputs and display the video inputs at the same time. It's there as a universal application for anything from Sirius, to cameras, to a playstation if you felt like hooking one up to your Jeep. :)

You can also add a RCA video A/B switch if you want to toggle between multiple cameras (all while listening to SiriusXM).

Also, if you didn't know already.. you can wirelessly display and control a GoPro via the GoPro app which is a pretty cool option.

Lastly, just a quick spoiler alert... we're going to be releasing a wireless camera soon that will have a separate app for those who don't want to use the AVIN option. Look for that in Q1 2016!

Happy Holidays!

misoxa

Post by misoxa » Wed Feb 24, 2016 5:52 pm

Im in the process of installing a front camera via aux... However, is the wireless camera out yet?

InsaneAudioSupport

Post by InsaneAudioSupport » Mon Feb 29, 2016 4:16 pm

misoxa wrote:Im in the process of installing a front camera via aux... However, is the wireless camera out yet?
Unfortunately... no. Truth be told, we built a prototype but it isn't standing up to our standard torture tests. It's back at the drawing board right now and might be a while before we release a WiFi camera.

But... we are releasing IACAM2 soon! IACAM2 is a universal camera that is designed for flush mount applications (like mounting inside your bumper). It's fully ruggedized and comes with a drill bit to help mount it in a bumper. Look for that in a few weeks!

Cheers,

InSaNe AuDiO Support Staff

beatsbooster

Post by beatsbooster » Wed May 16, 2018 5:58 am

misoxa wrote:Im in the process of installing a front camera via aux... However, is the wireless camera out yet?
A wireless camera would be awesome! do you guys have figured out yet or do we have to wait a bit more? i'd love to know how are things going with this idea. Greetings and keep the support :)
Beatsbooster is designed to help you with the decision-making when buying your first best headphones for gaming. I highlight the products which are the best value, as well as the top sellers.

InSaNeAuDiOSupport5

Post by InSaNeAuDiOSupport5 » Wed May 16, 2018 2:52 pm

We experimented with several and they did not pass our tests. The fact is that even with the best quality wireless camera, there is a small delay. That's unacceptable in our opinion, especially in the event of a backup camera (i.e. you want to immediately see that deer jumping out behind you). Fact of the matter is that our wired cameras simply work better, have better picture quality and an immediate response. That being said... GoPro works great through an app.. so does WaspCam.