OEM aux plug

Questions and answers about installing Insane Audio's FJ1001
RangoRyder

OEM aux plug

Post by RangoRyder » Tue Aug 09, 2016 10:32 am

Is there a way to use this with the FJ1001 or is my only option to use the aux wires from the wiring harness? I would much prefer the cleaner use of the onboard aux plug on my dash for hooking up aux devices.

InsaneAudioSupport

Re: OEM aux plug

Post by InsaneAudioSupport » Tue Aug 09, 2016 3:16 pm

RangoRyder wrote:Is there a way to use this with the FJ1001 or is my only option to use the aux wires from the wiring harness? I would much prefer the cleaner use of the onboard aux plug on my dash for hooking up aux devices.
In theory -- yes. You'll probably need to splice some wires and figure out how to do it, though. It's not currently supported as a plug-and-play option for a standard FJ1001 install (although it IS plug-and play for JBL equipped FJ's). You'll basically need to figure out where the aux wire is and wire it up to the RCA inputs of your FJ1001's accessory harness. Then you can access it via the AVIN app.

Hope that helps!

(if you're just trying to hook up to a phone, you might also want to look into bluetooth audio streaming as a wireless alternative)

RangoRyder

Post by RangoRyder » Wed Aug 10, 2016 4:33 am

Rats. Perhaps one day there will be an upgraded wiring harness that will allow it to function without having to mess with the stock wiring?

I'm actually looking to connect my external XM radio without having to use the lackluster fm transmitter that is built into it. I'll just have to run an RCA-3.5mm cable to the AV wiring harness for now, I guess.

InsaneAudioSupport3

Post by InsaneAudioSupport3 » Mon Aug 15, 2016 10:22 pm

RangoRyder wrote:Rats. Perhaps one day there will be an upgraded wiring harness that will allow it to function without having to mess with the stock wiring?

I'm actually looking to connect my external XM radio without having to use the lackluster fm transmitter that is built into it. I'll just have to run an RCA-3.5mm cable to the AV wiring harness for now, I guess.
That is normally how we tell people to hook up their external SiriusXM receivers, anyways. The sound quality is better from this configuration.

Thanks!
Support