New accessory for your JK1001! AM/FM Radio Booster!

Information about new products and accessories!
InsaneAudioSupport

New accessory for your JK1001! AM/FM Radio Booster!

Post by InsaneAudioSupport » Fri Jul 31, 2015 12:08 pm

Part Number: I/E IARBOOST

Description

Want better AM/FM radio reception in your rig? If you’ve already got Insane Audio’s android powered JK1001, then IARBOOST is your answer! Out of the box, Insane Audio’s JK1001 uses your Jeep’s existing AM/FM radio antenna to receive stations and is designed to perform just like that old stock head unit. That’s all good, but why settle for stock performance when you can upgrade? Insane Audio’s IARBOOST is an accessory that converts your existing vehicle’s radio antenna into a high powered radio receiver and is a direct plug and play replacement with no cutting or splicing wires. Simply plug IARBOOST into your JK1001 and connect your factory antenna to the adapter cable and you’ll be rocking out to radio stations from two towns over.

Features/Benefits

• Plug and play – no need to cut or splice wires

• Replaces your existing JK1001 wiring harness

• Essentially converts your existing antenna into a powered AM/FM antenna

• Pull in more radio stations and clear up static on the ones you currently get

• Requires Insane Audio’s JK1001

Available now at 4 Wheel Parts, 4 Wheel Drive Hardware, various catalogs, websites and through your local Jeep specialty shop!

http://www.4wheelparts.com/Interior-Par ... fEIARBOOST

http://www.4wd.com/Jeep-Interior-Parts- ... fEIARBOOST

Mike

Re: New accessory for your JK1001! AM/FM Radio Booster!

Post by Mike » Sun Aug 02, 2015 12:24 pm

Can this pre-amplifier be turned on and off? Sometimes more gain is too much, like driving past a co-channel FM transmitter.

Mike - El Paso.
Mike -- El Paso, Texas.

2015 JKU-R Hard Rock -- The Copperhead.

InsaneAudioSupport

Post by InsaneAudioSupport » Mon Aug 03, 2015 7:49 am

Mike wrote:Can this pre-amplifier be turned on and off? Sometimes more gain is too much, like driving past a co-channel FM transmitter.

Mike - El Paso.
You could wire it up to a switch if you really wanted... but we don't think you'll encounter any problems with too much gain. This essentially just powers your Jeep's OEM antenna and the radio circuitry itself (inside your JK1001) sorts out the rest. It works like a charm! :)

AmpdRubicon

Post by AmpdRubicon » Fri Aug 07, 2015 2:42 am

Will this take care of the issue of the volume of the radio fading in and out non stop when listening to the radio? It's absolutely annoying to the point I won't even use the radio feature and I know others have complained about it also.

Woodj

Post by Woodj » Fri Aug 07, 2015 8:17 am

I should be receiving mine any day now.
I'll let you know.

InsaneAudioSupport2

Post by InsaneAudioSupport2 » Fri Aug 07, 2015 2:38 pm

AmpdRubicon wrote:Will this take care of the issue of the volume of the radio fading in and out non stop when listening to the radio? It's absolutely annoying to the point I won't even use the radio feature and I know others have complained about it also.
Hello AmpdRubicon, make sure that the AF setting is turned 'off' on your radio. This is a handy setting for long distance drives, but can be a nuisance for short drives around town. You can find more information about this on our Quick Start Guide -- http://www.insanejeepaudio.com/IA_JK100 ... urrent.pdf . Although keep in mind that this is not an issue we are aware of, so if this issue persists, please hit up our support staff at - support@insanejeepaudio.com - They would love to get you all sorted out.

DangerDanNH

Post by DangerDanNH » Mon Aug 10, 2015 6:55 pm

How long is your back order for this and the rear cam through 4wd.com?

InsaneAudioSupport

Post by InsaneAudioSupport » Wed Aug 12, 2015 6:01 am

DangerDanNH wrote:How long is your back order for this and the rear cam through 4wd.com?
They're coming! It just takes a bit for new products to get all stocked up in the various DC's and warehouses throughout the country. We shipped a few hundred of both out of our main factory last week so they're on their way!

DangerDanNH

Post by DangerDanNH » Fri Aug 28, 2015 2:37 pm

what are the "key 1" and "key 2" wires for on the newer harnes for the booster? mine just came in the mail today

InsaneAudioSupport2

Post by InsaneAudioSupport2 » Sat Aug 29, 2015 12:25 pm

DangerDanNH wrote:what are the "key 1" and "key 2" wires for on the newer harnes for the booster? mine just came in the mail today
If you are installing your Radio Booster into a Jeep Wrangler, there is no need to worry about the Key 1 or Key 2 wires. These are for those who are installing the Radio Booster into a vehicle that is not a Jeep JK.