lost maps

Get the latest software for your JK1001!
jaybansh

lost maps

Post by jaybansh » Sun Apr 26, 2015 2:49 am

I went to format my sd card well when i did it also formated and deleted maps sd card how can i get maps back on sd card thank you

InsaneAudioSupport

Re: lost maps

Post by InsaneAudioSupport » Sun Apr 26, 2015 7:53 pm

jaybansh wrote:I went to format my sd card well when i did it also formated and deleted maps sd card how can i get maps back on sd card thank you
Hey, there. If you ever used the NaviExtras toolbox on a PC to update maps or purchase extras, then it most likely prompted you to do a backup... in which case you should be able to restore your maps.

If you've never done this and managed to delete your map data, then you'll need to hit us up at support@insanejeepaudio.com. Insane NavEngine is copy protected, so that means that you can't just download the software. We need to re-generate a license file for you based on the unique hardware ID of your map card that was already assigned when your unit left our factory. So in this case, just hit up our support guys and they'll get 'ya going.

JKChris

Post by JKChris » Sat Jun 06, 2015 4:49 pm

i just lost my maps too, seems easy to do, i just sent my request for help to the same email below

InsaneAudioSupport

Post by InsaneAudioSupport » Sun Jun 07, 2015 3:20 pm

JKChris wrote:i just lost my maps too, seems easy to do, i just sent my request for help to the same email below
In the future, we highly recommend downloading the NaviExtras toolbox from www.naviextras.com

This can be used to backup your copy of Insane NavEngine as well as get additional map updates and extras.

If you haven't done this before and somehow manage to erase your maps, no worries.. you still get lifetime technical support with Insane Audio and we're always here to help! Just hit up our support guys at support@insanejeepaudio.com The only catch is that you need to mail us your GPS card so we can re-generate your software license key. Our software is copy protected and is tied to the unique hardware ID of the GPS card that came with your unit. Not the end of the world -- just involves you mailing your card to us then having us mail it back. ;)