Apple Music

Discussions about... well... anything else!
JMH

Apple Music

Post by JMH » Tue May 22, 2018 11:08 am

Has anyone gotten Apple Music to work? It installs fine, but when I try to login the button does not seem to work...

InSaNeAuDiOSupport5

Re: Apple Music

Post by InSaNeAuDiOSupport5 » Tue May 22, 2018 2:27 pm

Insane Audio head units have access to over 3.5 million apps on the Google Play Store, however we didn't actually create all of these apps : ) While most of them work well, some apps aren't coded properly and are not designed to adapt to different screen sizes. As you have found, Apple Music is one of them.

No worries, Insane Audio has you covered with a work around! We actually have a few options for you; in just a few days we'll be releasing our latest JK2001 software update (v2.1) which will allow you to use our IA utility app to temporarily change your screen resolution so you can access the buttons that the naughty Apple Music developers didn't make accessible in landscape mode. I would recommend this option, because the v2.1 update comes with all kinds of awesome improvements and features, like google voice dialer, and it's free. Alternatively, you can update your head unit to v1.7 now. This update will still give you the ability to change screen resolution but won't include all of our most recent software improvements. If you would still like to go with this option, send an email to support@insaneaudio.com.

Another option worth noting is transferring your music library to an SD card for offline playback. Check out this forum post for more on that: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=4295 And this one about some of the best custom music players on the Play Store: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=4271

JMH

Post by JMH » Tue May 22, 2018 3:02 pm

Nice! I'll wait for the update. Like a lot of other folks here I already have an Apple Music account and their DRM prevents me from (legally) copying all the music out of my library to an SD card.

JMH

Post by JMH » Thu May 24, 2018 1:28 pm

Thanks guys! Loaded 2.0, changed screen resolution and got it working! Still was a bit of a pain, but it works like a champ!

InSaNeAuDiOSupport5

Post by InSaNeAuDiOSupport5 » Thu Jun 07, 2018 4:55 pm

Glad to hear, thanks for letting us know it worked!