Android Head Unit for 4th Gen RAM Truck

Discussions about... well... anything else!
cwmartin59

Android Head Unit for 4th Gen RAM Truck

Post by cwmartin59 » Mon Jan 04, 2021 4:55 pm

Are you considering offering other head units for different vehicles. I would love your product in my 4th Gen RAM Truck. I love the JL3001 in my Jeeep.

Carl Martin
Great Mills, MD

InSaNeAuDiOSupport5

Re: Android Head Unit for 4th Gen RAM Truck

Post by InSaNeAuDiOSupport5 » Wed Jan 06, 2021 9:38 am

cwmartin59 wrote:
Mon Jan 04, 2021 4:55 pm
Are you considering offering other head units for different vehicles. I would love your product in my 4th Gen RAM Truck. I love the JL3001 in my Jeeep.

Carl Martin
Great Mills, MD
Hi Carl,

Thanks for being a loyal customer! Glad you’re enjoying the JL3001. We like it too 😉

For your vehicle, we don’t offer a perfect fit plug and play solution like the JL3001 but we do have the next best thing.

We offer the DD2001 for any vehicle that will fit a standard double-din head unit. It offers all the power of the JL3001 and all you need to integrate it further is to find the right dash kit. Here's a link to our DD2001! - https://insaneaudio.com/products/dd2001/

We’re not experts on RAMs but, Google says that 4th Gen RAMs would be 2009 – 2018. As it turns out, you might be in luck… Our Dodge dash kit may fit your vehicle https://insaneaudio.com/product/dd-ddg-001/

It depends on the exact model year and configuration you’ve got, but the DD-DDG-001 is for

2013-2017 Dodge Ram 1500/2500/3500 (with 4″ screen) (w/o OEM amp)
2013-2017 Dodge Ram Chassis Cab 3500/4500/5500 (with 4″ screen) (w/o OEM amp)

The key to making this a hassle-free installation is doing your research to make sure you’ve got the right dash kit. For example, our dash kit is for vehicles that do not have the premium audio system (i.e. “w/o OEM amp”).

If our dash kit doesn’t fit your vehicle, we can’t make suggestions on exact part numbers from other suppliers for you. You can use a site like CarId.com to find the right dash kit from a major supplier (like Metra or Scosche). If you have trouble finding the right dash kit, a reputable stereo installer should be able to help you find the right kit.

Any kit you find from a major supplier should be easily integrated with the DD2001. Worth saying again, the key to a smooth install is research and finding the right dash kit for your specific model year and configuration.

As always, to make sure you get the latest and greatest we have to offer, we recommend buying directly from the Insane Audio website.

You know we’re here to help anytime you need us. Don’t hesitate to reach out if you have more questions or comments.