JL Wrangler

Discussions about... well... anything else!
Casper711

JL Wrangler

Post by Casper711 » Thu Sep 26, 2019 2:24 pm

So to start, I ditched the JK and got the new JLUR and I absolutely love this 10x more than I did my JK. I've heard there was a product in the works for the JL Wrangler. Does anyone know if this is true? If so is there any idea of a timeline when it will be released?

InSaNeAuDiOSupport5

Re: JL Wrangler

Post by InSaNeAuDiOSupport5 » Thu Sep 26, 2019 3:13 pm

Hi Casper711,

Congratulations on your JLUR purchase!

Insane Audio's JL3001 is coming soon. We’re still working on it's launch and we expect to release it any day now! Follow us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/insanejeepaudio and you’ll be the first to know.

The specifications are still under lock & key, all we can say is that it’s going to have all the awesome features of our JK2001 plus a LOT more. It will also have a 9” screen! The JL3001 is going to entirely disrupt the industry. 😊

graygeoff

Post by graygeoff » Sat Oct 26, 2019 8:31 am

Patiently(ish) waiting! I went with the base 5" stereo knowing I'd upgrade it. But, it's been a year and a half and it looks like Alpine is the only stereo to be released...at a hefty price tag!!! Had I known it would take so long for aftermarket options, I'd probably upgraded from the factory. Until now, the only other option would be to get a refurb from infotainment, which includes the flash obd kit. Then I lose the volume know, so I'd also need to upgrade the climate control cluster (also available through them). I'm not opposed to them, but by then I don't know that the sound quality is any better, so I'd possibly have to install the alpine restyle sub/amp system!!! Ugh...

Any update on release date yet??

2018 JLU Sport

InSaNeAuDiOSupport5

Post by InSaNeAuDiOSupport5 » Sat Oct 26, 2019 9:05 am

Hi graygeoff,

YES! We have an update.

Insane Audio's JL3001 will be officially launched at SEMA this year (first week of November) and we will start taking customer orders after the event. Follow us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/insanejeepaudio and you’ll be the first to know.

The JL3001 will be compatible with all Jeep Wrangler JLs and Jeep Gladiator JTs.

For those in the industry, if you're planning to attend the SEMA show this year, visit us!
We're at the South Hall Upper 😊

graygeoff

Post by graygeoff » Sat Oct 26, 2019 9:41 am

Awesome! Can't wait to see it!!! Thanks for the update!

graygeoff

Post by graygeoff » Mon Nov 04, 2019 5:56 am

Just saw some pictures; can't wait to get this thing! Just curious, will the JL3001 utilize the factory volume and tuning knobs (in the climate control stack)? Or, do they have their own built in? I have a base JLU sport with the entry level 5.4" screen...so those controls are built into the radio, not the climate control stack.

Not the end of the world if they do, I'll just need to use the steering wheel controls for now and then upgrade the climate control stack down the road.

Thanks, in advance!!

InSaNeAuDiOSupport5

Post by InSaNeAuDiOSupport5 » Mon Nov 04, 2019 9:58 am

Hi graygeoff,

Insane Audio’s JL3001 will work with steering wheel controls, factory volume and tuning knobs (where equipped) and will also be controlled through the touch screen. In addition, our products all have advanced voice control. 😊

We will likely start taking pre-orders after the SEMA show concludes.

Stay tuned!

graygeoff

Post by graygeoff » Sat Nov 16, 2019 5:10 am

Hello, any updates on a release?? Sorry to be a pest, but I really dislike the factory head unit.

Thanks!

InSaNeAuDiOSupport5

Post by InSaNeAuDiOSupport5 » Sat Nov 16, 2019 9:13 am

Hi graygeoff,

I can understand your eagerness. We're waiting just as eagerly for the launch!

The team is still working on the finishing touches with the JL3001. Most likely, we'll start taking pre-orders in the next week or so.

Please follow us on Facebook to stay up to date on the latest and greatest! 😊

Jessedoesitall

Post by Jessedoesitall » Sat Nov 16, 2019 4:11 pm

Can we at least get the spec sheet to get excited for all of the new integrated features?