Android Version?

Discussions about... well... anything else!
Sammage

Android Version?

Post by Sammage » Tue Aug 28, 2018 6:27 am

Hey Support Guys!

I've been doing homework while I wait on shipping of parts but I cannot find out what the functional differences between Android 6 like your product runs and the newer versions actually are. I've already committed to the IA HU, but I'd love to know the differences anyway.

Also, do you ever update your unit's OS like my phone does to stay current or add in features/fix bugs?

Thanks!

InSaNeAuDiOSupport5

Re: Android Version?

Post by InSaNeAuDiOSupport5 » Tue Aug 28, 2018 12:20 pm

Sammage wrote:Hey Support Guys!

I've been doing homework while I wait on shipping of parts but I cannot find out what the functional differences between Android 6 like your product runs and the newer versions actually are. I've already committed to the IA HU, but I'd love to know the differences anyway.

Also, do you ever update your unit's OS like my phone does to stay current or add in features/fix bugs?

Thanks!
We decided to stick with Android 6.0 for our products because its proven reliability and stability. As far as specific functional differences, I haven't seen a side-by-side comparison but I can tell you 6.0 does everything we need it too without compromising performance or stability. Also, we do regularly release software updates for our products here: viewforum.php?f=25 All Insane Audio customers get free tech support and software updates for life! We actually just released v2.2, which includes the ability to record footage from your rock cams, pretty awesome. We're constantly adding features and improving our products, so check back regularly for the latest and greatest!

onewborg@gmail.com

Re: Android Version?

Post by onewborg@gmail.com » Tue Sep 18, 2018 3:03 pm

So I just plugged in my front and rear facing camera. So easy to hookup and very easy to use the app. Can not wait to get on the trails to test it out fully. Very good quality of the picture and frame rate.

Keep up the great work,
Bill