Slow Internet Speed, Constant Buffering

General technical discussion topics for Insane Audio's TJ1001 or TJ1002
DOakland

Slow Internet Speed, Constant Buffering

Post by DOakland » Fri Aug 28, 2020 9:35 am

I connect my TJ1002 via my mobile WiFi hotspot. I stream music primarily using pandora and amazon music apps. While streaming, the music has to constantly buffer regardless of signal strength. So much that I typically can't get through one song without some sort of interruption. I've checked the wifi cable to ensure it's plugged in, checked the wifi cable for any damage, ensured my carrier isn't throttling my data, hit the rocket icon in the pull down menu to clear background apps/data, cleared cache/data for the apps, uninstalled/installed both apps, and ran an internet speed test via google for the TJ1002 and for my phone (Galaxy s20+). Internet speeds I'm getting for the TJ1002 via my phone's mobile hotspot are typically around .5 - .8mbps with a max of 2.5mbps. On my Galaxy s20+ I'm getting internet speeds between 20 - 40mbps. Any idea what the problem could be?

InSaNeAuDiOSupport5

Re: Slow Internet Speed, Constant Buffering

Post by InSaNeAuDiOSupport5 » Mon Aug 31, 2020 10:44 am

DOakland wrote:
Fri Aug 28, 2020 9:35 am
I connect my TJ1002 via my mobile WiFi hotspot. I stream music primarily using pandora and amazon music apps. While streaming, the music has to constantly buffer regardless of signal strength. So much that I typically can't get through one song without some sort of interruption. I've checked the wifi cable to ensure it's plugged in, checked the wifi cable for any damage, ensured my carrier isn't throttling my data, hit the rocket icon in the pull down menu to clear background apps/data, cleared cache/data for the apps, uninstalled/installed both apps, and ran an internet speed test via google for the TJ1002 and for my phone (Galaxy s20+). Internet speeds I'm getting for the TJ1002 via my phone's mobile hotspot are typically around .5 - .8mbps with a max of 2.5mbps. On my Galaxy s20+ I'm getting internet speeds between 20 - 40mbps. Any idea what the problem could be?
Hello There,

Thanks for reaching out to us here at Insane Audio!

Let’s try some basic troubleshooting to fix this for you.

You'd want to do double check and make sure the WiFi and GPS antennas are securely and firmly plugged into the correct port. Your unit has WiFi and GPS antenna ports that look similar. When you look at the back of your head unit, the port on the right-hand side of your head unit is your GPS port and this will be closest to the USB ports. On the left is your WiFi antenna port and this is closest to the AM/FM radio adapter socket. If these connections are switched (swapped) you will experience poor WiFi, Bluetooth and GPS. Please refer to page 9 of the Installation Guide here: https://insaneaudio.com/wp-content/uplo ... lation.pdf

Next, as a general rule of thumb, we recommend you to turn Off your hotspot when it's not in use. By turning Off your hotspot when you aren’t using it, you will ensure you always have a fresh connection. You’ll also notice that your phone’s battery will last a lot longer. In general, once you setup your Insane Audio Head Unit and connect to your hotspot for the first time you shouldn’t make any changes on your Insane Audio Head Unit. If you have problems connecting, try turning your phones hotspot Off, then back On again.

Also, could you please try turning Off the Google Background services and check if this fixes things for you. Please check out this link: https://insaneaudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4433

After you check connections and still have problems, you could also try a Factory Data Reset (FDR). To do an FDR go to Settings > Backup & Reset > Factory Data Reset, and then tap 'Reset Machine'.

We hope this helps.

While the forum is a great place to collaborate and share ideas with other customers but is not the best place to go for tech support. All Insane Audio customers get lifetime technical support and our staff works 7 days a week. You will get a much faster response reaching out to us directly. You can always reach out to us at insaneaudio.com/support